Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree1062Likes

Thread: The Roar - Let's see some photos!

Wow scarey being shot at !! Everybodies out there doin it ..

Tell me I got that wrong though "private block shooting" to enter a hunting comp ?

Nah I ve misinterpreted that I m sure ?
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post

Tell me I got that wrong though "private block shooting" to enter a hunting comp ?

How else do you get an entire horse to the weigh station head and all
    Pointer, Happy and DanS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post

What about it? That's how everyone does it here. I'd be more surprised to hear of someone entering public land animals to be honest with you
    Pointer, Gibo and Shearer like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    What about it? That's how everyone does it here. I'd be more surprised to hear of someone entering public land animals to be honest with you
    Doesn't count imo
    I shoot lots of paddock deer to full the freezer, help young guys get there first etc.
    But it's more shooting than hunting, don't get me wrong it's still not easy.
    Public land deer in the back of beyond is what really spins my wheels and always will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    puku, Blaser, Pointer and 13 others like this.

The comps here would be empty if you weren't allowed to enter farm animals haha

I don't care about them anyway because I'm not a hunting comp person myself. I do it for my own buzz

I was determined to get a stag this year but my backs put me out of a camp in trip and a couple of day hunts these holidays already. Pissed off as. One mate has a 10 point fallow another one has a 12 point red another as well has a 12 point red my brother and his mate got a small 6 and a video of a 10pointer they roared up on public land which was cool. Would have been cooler if he left the 6 but they brought the meat back which is good. Tin ass ot a 80lb sow too not often we run into pigs on public land wihout dogs. Another mate went diving and got a 2.5kg cray too. All the boys are out doing shit which is mean as. Ahh well got next week and my back seems to be coming right though still not too good. Not sure if I wanna risk huntin just yet and stuff it up again.
    Scouser and Cspence like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Fuck I can ramble on like a old prick cant I
    Blaser and Boulderman like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Doesn't count imo
    I shoot lots of paddock deer to full the freezer, help young guys get there first etc.
    But it's more shooting than hunting, don't get me wrong it's still not easy.
    Public land deer in the back of beyond is what really spins my wheels and always will.

Yeah. I've always been of that opinion. Pre-atharitis, blood disease and ageing...that was. So my balance of those priorities has been changing a little. I draw the line at paying anyone though.

But that is still the priority that I think young hunters should hold onto; successful public land hunting rather than relying on a network of other people and their private posies.

When you are my age you sort of get an exemption certificate along with the Super Gold card. I still do some pretty hard out public land hunting though, just not as much.
    andyanimal31, 199p, BRADS and 3 others like this.

Love the honesty of Brads, Tahr & Toby....i got into hunting at the ripe old age of 55 for the challenge and the adventure of bush hunting.......a paddock deer would mean fuck all to me except food.....im not bagging anybody down....just my 2c....
    Boulderman and Waterpig like this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Fuck I can ramble on like a old prick cant I
    Worse.
    Toby likes this.

The comps here would be empty if you weren't allowed to enter farm animals haha

I don't care about them anyway because I'm not a hunting comp person myself. I do it for my own buzz

I was determined to get a stag this year but my backs put me out of a camp in trip and a couple of day hunts these holidays already. Pissed off as. One mate has a 10 point fallow another one has a 12 point red another as well has a 12 point red my brother and his mate got a small 6 and a video of a 10pointer they roared up on public land which was cool. Would have been cooler if he left the 6 but they brought the meat back which is good. Tin ass ot a 80lb sow too not often we run into pigs on public land wihout dogs. Another mate went diving and got a 2.5kg cray too. All the boys are out doing shit which is mean as. Ahh well got next week and my back seems to be coming right though still not too good. Not sure if I wanna risk huntin just yet and stuff it up again.
    Know exactly where you are at @Toby. I'm in the same position. Mates out hunting and fishing while I'm still at least a month away from getting back in the hills.
    Toby likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

B-rad got shot at up hicks bay way @Toby four .270 shots on easter weekend. The boys went around to where the joker was shooting from his truck and found the cases. Why anyone would shoot at another person is beyond me, it even puts the shits up me when jokers lean on their rifle and rest their hands over the muzzle!

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Were they really shooting at him,? 4 shots without a hit is pretty bad even for a 270.
    Not a case of poor choice of sighting in area?
    Toby, BRADS and madmaori like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Were they really shooting at him,? 4 shots without a hit is pretty bad even for a 270.
    Not a case of poor choice of sighting in area?
    Or actually being on private land......

Good grief. If I believed I had been deliberately shot at once, let alone 4 times, I would have been straight to the police. Did they?

Roar pics thread guys, not shooting at each other thread....
    Shootm, Blaser, Gibo and 3 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.