Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: School me on the 7mm Rem Mag

Great calliber with plenty of projectile choice.im using 150 gn soft point with great results on big animals,the caliber really goes well with the 160s however.

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    I used to run 150 BT's with 2213 in my Rem Mag and they work well on Thar and everything else bang flop job done.
    Shearer likes this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

nak
    Right I think I'm sorted....I've got some 150gn B/tips on the way to use up some of the 2213sc which I'll use on the upcoming tahr trip. I also managed to find a couple of boxes of 162 ELD-M that I'll have play with later on.

Any particular primers that I should look for - reading through some old threads Federal magnum primers seem well regarded.

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    Federal magnum primers seem well regarded.
    You got it sorted

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

nak
    Well for that tahr trip last november, I ended up using the 150gn ballistic tips with 2213sc nice and accurate but not overly fast - did the job though.

I'm headed over in couple of weeks to chase spring tahr again, and this time I've followed the hype and decided to try the 162gn ELD-Ms. Worked up a ladder to check velocities load with 2217 and this was the first group I shot with the charge weight I had settled on. Again, not super fast but I'm happy with the accuracy and with this load it will hold 1500ft/lbs to around 600m, so that'll do me.

Not bad for a 5 shot group from a standard tikka - shot off a sandbag

Untitled by nak _80, on Flickr

Lookin pretty good, post a story when you are back from this coming trip, hope the greenies haven't bombed up the area you are going to.

I noticed your load at 70.5 grs of 2217 gave 2865 fps my 7 mm mag a rem 700 and 71 grs of 2217 is going 3042 fps average out of a 24 inch barrel. Amazing the speed difference. That is with the 162 gr ELD X.
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.

Im still using 162 gn A Max's as I brought 2000 of them the other year and that should see me out . AR2225 . Have shot bulls with this combo from 50 yds out to 800 yds. Plenty of knock down and kill cleanly.
    Gibo likes this.

mooseman, I think the 7mm mags like long barrels to burn all the powder. I m using your exact same load in my zastava and getting 2950 out of it with a shorter barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    Well for that tahr trip last november, I ended up using the 150gn ballistic tips with 2213sc nice and accurate but not overly fast - did the job though.

I'm headed over in couple of weeks to chase spring tahr again, and this time I've followed the hype and decided to try the 162gn ELD-Ms. Worked up a ladder to check velocities load with 2217 and this was the first group I shot with the charge weight I had settled on. Again, not super fast but I'm happy with the accuracy and with this load it will hold 1500ft/lbs to around 600m, so that'll do me.

Not bad for a 5 shot group from a standard tikka - shot off a sandbag

Untitled by nak _80, on Flickr
    That's a bloody good group, good on you
    nak likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

Nice group, dont stress on speed looks job done, very nearly the same load as im using