Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Stonker

Quote Originally Posted by Speargrass View Post
    Just hope they don't mess up your hunts on public land. They are out there with their guides and helicopters riding on the shoulders of the giants struggling in the scrub below them.

SCI refused to accept helihunted trophies in 2009 but 60%-80% of NZ helihunt clients are SCI members. Similar BS is the misrepresentation of "trophy" and 'hunt" by New Zealand hunting guides.

Canned Hunts - MeatEater

I like Saint Hubertus the first westerner to state a hunting code its been in place since 700AD
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubertus
    Ah so thats were the Jagermeister (Master Hunter) logo comes from.

I refuse to go into the bush when the tops are waiting, just gotta tame the AATH/WARO activity and break it so we can control it. Then we can have better trophy hunting on the tops instead of WARO/AATH left overs.

R93
    You have failed miserably for the last 8 years.😆 Just accept it.
    Even The GAC was/is a joke.

Why don't you just accept that AATH and WARO are here to stay and find ways to get ahead of them so you can finally enjoy the outdoors.

If you put as much effort into your hunting as you did whinging about the politics, that effects hunting you might find you can be like most of us on this forum and get on with it.
    I emplore you not to bring your bitter extremist ways to this forum please.
    Yourself and some others are the reason a lot of us are on and enjoying this forum and have never looked back.

Any fight against DOC and it's commercializing of our land needs a different face fronting it than you and your like, being reactive and not proactive.

Seriously.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by R93; 04-07-2015 at 03:59 PM.
    kiwijames and Frosty like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    You have failed miserably for the last 8 years.�� Just accept it.
    Even The GAC was/is a joke.

Why don't you just accept that AATH and WARO are here to stay and find ways to get ahead of them so you can finally enjoy the outdoors.

If you put as much effort into your hunting as you did whinging about the politics, that effects hunting you might find you can be like most of us on this forum and get on with it.
    I emplore you not to bring your bitter extremist ways to this forum please.
    Yourself and some others are the reason a lot of us are on and enjoying this forum and have never looked back.

Any fight against DOC and it's commercializing of our land needs a different face fronting it than you and your like, being reactive and not proactive.

Seriously.

I won the NZDA nationals with a trophy chamois this year, NZDA I can take or leave just making the point I do hunt.

Those views you expressed are merely that your opinion nothing else I have been a member of this forum years before you.

I can smell the AVgas on your breath R93

AATH needs to be shut down it is not acceptable on public land. Nothing has changed. WARO needs to be rationalised and stripped of the privileged status it enjoys in terms of access. WARO is required in any future management but in a very different role and with significant efficiencies applied to it.
    People like you R93 like to think you can just conduct business on public land with no regard for the public.
    There is no deer menace anymore there is no shortage of skid biters who want to fly on public land.
    New Zealand recreational users just need to be a little more fussy over who gets to conduct business on public land and ensure New Zealanders get the benefits not the operators.

You finally get around to wondering about trophy integrity and question hunting values, only after you actually got out of your helicopter and shot a stonker on private land. Good for you enjoy the trophy, R93 you have supported AATH in the past and your last post accepts and condones AATH's presence. You might want to explore ethic a bit further and re-evaluate ethics and WARO/AATH.

You asked me to refrain from posting and ruining you and your mates peaceful little valley in huntingandshootingland.... Try not to think of me as a troll. Rather think of me as an internet form of AATH/WARO flying into your, R93's huntingandshootingland, fucking up your online time and not caring. Hows it feel?

Don't worry I won't post too much and will leave well enough alone. Think about it though....

Edit to add that trophy buck I shot had a serious but almost healed injury on his pad, given his size 10.5 inches its likely he had been AATH'd. He also had a broken femur which had completely healed.
    Last edited by Speargrass; 05-07-2015 at 03:17 AM.

AB Precision
    How about this have permission to post up shot this morning, free range.

Will go 300+

sneeze, veitnamcam, Blaser and 8 others like this.

Quick get that tunstin fulla, you've found his moose
    Bloody nice!
    veitnamcam and Mike H like this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    No. I started out shooting and then flying.
    Never paid to shoot anything other than clays targets.
    Shaun has just labeled me as a cheque book hunter.
    I must have scratched a nerve

Thanks for the clarification R93. I think Speargrass has a bit of a bee in his bonnet. Oh well it makes the world go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    How about this have permission to post up shot this morning, free range.

Will go 300+

My bet is it was shot on an AATH trip, after being hazed by a machine on the back of a farm, for a big fat narcissistic American SCI member for a shit load of money then flown to a more scenic site for photos, whilst wearing a tinfoil hat, just prior to the same machine dropping 1080 specifically targeting deer and waterways, with the antlers being used by Simon Barnett for a costume in Dancing with the Stars, and the backsteaks being bought-to-order by the gay team on Masterchef.

Please tell me if I missed a conspiracy

It was this buck or 5 Kereru, but they mysteriously disappeared.
    sneeze, Tahr, Pointer and 8 others like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

R93
    Gold!!!!

Probably right KJ but what a beast of an animal. Simply stunning. 😆
    Palms are amazing.

Ah Ken finally found a moose in Fiordland...

I thought all the big Fallow were over here in the UK.....not so ! That is the best Fallow ive seen, love to see somemore photos !!!

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangle View Post
    I thought all the big Fallow were over here in the UK.....not so ! That is the best Fallow ive seen, love to see somemore photos !!!
    Hungary mate. The best bucks are from there.
    Some Hungarian blood was introduced to NZ 30 years ago and we are seeing the results now.

Who measured it Abe? It is missing a tree by the looks? Pm if you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Speargrass View Post
    You finally get around to wondering about trophy integrity and question hunting values, only after you actually got out of your helicopter and shot a stonker on private land. Good for you enjoy the trophy, R93 you have supported AATH in the past and your last post accepts and condones AATH's presence. You might want to explore ethic a bit further and re-evaluate ethics and WARO/AATH.

You asked me to refrain from posting and ruining you and your mates peaceful little valley in huntingandshootingland.... Try not to think of me as a troll. Rather think of me as an internet form of AATH/WARO flying into your, R93's huntingandshootingland, fucking up your online time and not caring. Hows it feel?

Don't worry I won't post too much and will leave well enough alone. Think about it though....

Edit to add that trophy buck I shot had a serious but almost healed injury on his pad, given his size 10.5 inches its likely he had been AATH'd. He also had a broken femur which had completely healed.
    This and your previous comments are personal and highly emotionally charged bullshit Shaun, and you know that you wouldn't get away with it at the pub you normally frequent. Its a shame that you had to step through this door to do it. Maybe revealing the true self.

I don't know R93 from a bar of soap, but the guy shot a great head and this thread is about celebrating it and discussing various aspects of trophy recording and origins.

You can take your bitterness and politics, and stick them up your AATH.
    sneeze, Breda, Blaser and 6 others like this.