Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: te tuhi road kaimais

Gone but not forgotten
    Are you aware that your standard hunting permit doesn’t allow you to take a dog into the Kaimais?
    You need a special dog permit, email the Tauranga DOC office, they last a year, you still need to have your normal hunting permit as well.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huglife View Post
    thanks for that everybdy. i dont like to smart ass my way and do the paper road thing, id rather just go somewhere else.
    i'm living near raglan now so cant be bothered going up and calling to ask i like to just go when i go and not have to worry about anybody elses twisted knickers.

looks like wairere falls should be able to be accessed with a dog.. is that where dog people go in/
    cheers
    tom
    yep huglife, wairere falls is the way to go without having access problems ,i've walked that track many times and carried out my share of deer,a few clearings around when you get to know the place

Quote Originally Posted by charliehorse View Post
    Was up there last week and if I recall the DOC sign said gun and dog by permit only. Cant imagine you'll get a vehicle to the bush edge owing to the terrain and fences. No deer though, stay home
    You said there were heaps there and shot 2.

@tetawa you've blown my hotspot, you owe me a new one. Make sure you PM me, I dont want ya telling them my new spot

@tetawa you've blown my hotspot, you owe me a new one. Make sure you PM me, I dont want ya telling them my new spot
    Will draw a map for you, will be posted on here at 8.00pm today, copy it then remove it quick.
    charliehorse likes this.

Banned
    I feel better now. I am from the SI but when I looked over the WAMs photos there looked like some pretty good deer tucker in there to me, esp Nth to was it Kauri track & some peak further on ??

You could ask the neigbour on the down river side of him as his boundary is not far from where the track enters the bush,as that is how i used to get up there in the past.
    If you think the grass is greener over the fence,it might be due to the leaking septic tank.