Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree517Likes

Thread: Total lock down in 48hours

Then I hope you understand your freedom when compared to the great majority of confined New Zealsnders chappie.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Hopefully NZF have brought some common sense into this. Some booze for relief, others smoke, others go fidhing, others go hunting, many gamble or go shopping. I know some who must go to sea and work hard fidhing or hunting or suffer serious health issues. People can self isolate while still satisfying those mental, spritual and physical needs including the satisfaction of putting food on the table and making life as "normal" as reasonably and safely possible for their family. This necesarry interuption to our lives is goung on at least a month and probably till August so trying to retain normality within the health constraints is very important from the outset. Otherwise the overload will come back in many ways related to mental and physical related issues not related to covid19 at all. For many the hinaki, the fish hook, the bait gathering, the netting, the cleaning, the smoking or cooking and the environments pertaining to those skills are life itself and its meaningfulness. Fish is just one example though. The spirits of the air, the waters and the forwsts and the lands are cleansing and clean.
    Apparently beach activities are banned such as fishing and swimming. I personally don’t have a problem with the rule. If a swimmer gets caught in a rip they are likely fucked in the absence of lifeguards. Same deal with a rock fisherman who gets swept out. I don’t think it’s fair that SAR/coastguard personnel put their lives at risk trying to find some idiot who broke the rules and found themselves in the drink.

There’s other things we can do for our sanity that are lower risk for everyone. A walk, a run, some cycling on quiet roads. We’re all gutted that we can’t hunt or fish for a few weeks but it’s for the best for everyone.
    Andrew46826 likes this.

Whats so dangerous about a family surfcasting on the beach ffs?
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Kid getting swept out. Happens

ebf
    Whats so dangerous about a family surfcasting on the beach ffs?
    Day 3 : one guy goes fishing

Day 4 : neighbour saw him yesterday, goes out as well - takes his kid along

Day 5 : another neighbor sees all of this and invites his 3 cousins - "everyone is out fishing boys!"

Day 6 : 20 guys all having a yarn on the beach = community transmision

And that assumes none of the above idiots have an accident on the way to fishing, fall off the rocks or get swept out by a rip..

Not that hard to understand, is it ?
    7mmsaum, tetawa, BRADS and 4 others like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

It was a beautiful morning for a fish here today, flounder are in the snapper are in close it was very tempting but If I can do it(not go fishing) so can the rest of you.

Hopefully this works and lockdown may be relaxed a bit in a few weeks.
    ebf, gonebush and Nick-D like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Lucky to have a handy beach any day eh.
    Be interesting to read the comnents in three ir four or eight weeks time.
    Maca49 likes this.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Lucky to have a handy beach any day eh.
    Be interesting to read the comnents in three ir four or eight weeks time.
    If it gets to the point my household is going hungry I will be going fishing regardless but untill then I will do my best to comply.
    Maca49, Moa Hunter and Happy Jack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Day 3 : one guy goes fishing

Day 4 : neighbour saw him yesterday, goes out as well - takes his kid along

Day 5 : another neighbor sees all of this and invites his 3 cousins - "everyone is out fishing boys!"

Day 6 : 20 guys all having a yarn on the beach = community transmision

And that assumes none of the above idiots have an accident on the way to fishing, fall off the rocks or get swept out by a rip..

Not that hard to understand, is it ?
    I was about to say this. Its called scope creep. Over time the rule and precedent erodes.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

We have just had an email advising us what to do when stopped by Police on the way to/from work
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I'm getting the impression from your comments that you are a do as I say, not as I do type person.
    We are supposed to be locked down because we are to stupid to carry out activities in self isolation. Your "clients" are supposed to be locked up because they can't be trusted and have previously offended against society(although I am presuming this), but they are able to wander to the point that they need to be "patted down". Some of your comments aren't making sense.
    There are likely a number of us on here, for whom a trip "out the back" to shift stock or carry out other work related activities is a bigger day than many hunters put in while hunting. It's quite acceptable for us to continue this under these new rules as it's classed as essential activities. If we make this same trip with a rifle, you imply that we are selfish individuals who only think of ourselves.
    Perhaps before you lump us all in the same basket and start saying you know best, you might like to inquire what our individual situations are.
    That was a very polite response.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    Woody, Sarvo, outlander and 1 others like this.

Well it is 20min after lockdown and I can hear what I presume is a Harley and a very loud v8 hooning around.
    Just some gang members who cant work out who to rip off first I guess.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    @Woody, I do realise this, I truly do. But it is a job and full of responsibility when I do it. It is not just a walk on the beach or in the park. It is work.

I also realise how lucky I am to be given the freedom to drive 60 k to my full time work each day and then back again. That, I don't take for granted.

But all of this balances out against being stuck in a small confined unit with 60 criminals from between 8 to 16 hours, depending of how many shifts we have to cover for that day.
    It helps balance out the fact that it is a very thin line between having these prisoners comply or riot and go to any degree between those two extremes.
    It helps balance out that I have to pat down and search prisoners up to 100 times a day....I mean getting in real close and personal, and a lot of these people don't have good hygiene standards.....yeah, just what we want when we are trying to keep clear of the virus.
    It balances out having to roll around the ground with these people as they loose the plot and try and punch your lights out, bite, spit of do anything else that they can to you.
    It balances out constantly living in the fear that there are 3 officers in each unit, some of them only 22 year old women fresh out of college, to control 60 burly prisoners who spend hours at the gym each day just pumping up. If they collectively decide that they want to take control, you are fucked. Help is a good few minutes away at best.
    It helps balance out the fact that anything that you may catch....disease or virus wise...you take back home to your family.
    It balances out that if the virus is detected there in the prison while you are on shift, you may not go home that night.....you could be stuck there with these prisoners for weeks.

Yes, I do appreciate all that I have where I live, but if I didn't have it to keep me sane I couldn't turn up to work each day. That's why Sharon and I chose this position out here in the country; it allows me and Sharon to stay sane...yes, it impacts just a equally on the partner as well.

Hope that helps you to go someway to understand why we are living where we are and doing what we do out here.

Cheers
    Phil
    Having endured that job for a few years in NZ, I can almost sympathize with you. To put up with the politics, bad management and the leniency afforded to the crims in these places, takes a special type of person. If it starts reflecting on your quality of life, leave sooner rather than later,you'll never regret it. I managed 10 years in the South African Police during the desperate times and even then, I'd do it all again rather than spend 3 years as a prison warden.
    Phil_H likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Well it is 20min after lockdown and I can hear what I presume is a Harley and a very loud v8 hooning around.
    Just some gang members who cant work out who to rip off first I guess.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    Yip still alot of cars on the road. Quite a few cops floating around to
    Farmers Feed The World..
    The Only Thing Not Delivered By Truck Are Babies...

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    Having endured that job for a few years in NZ, I can almost sympathize with you. To put up with the politics, bad management and the leniency afforded to the crims in these places, takes a special type of person. If it starts reflecting on your quality of life, leave sooner rather than later,you'll never regret it. I managed 10 years in the South African Police during the desperate times and even then, I'd do it all again rather than spend 3 years as a prison warden.
    You must have seen some shit