Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

Like Tree517Likes

Thread: Total lock down in 48hours

Check point on the top of the Kaimais I believe2 pm tomorrow? Permits to travel between BOP and Waikato? Will be arrested if resisting, maybe bull, but good source today??
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Fuck it, I am in self imposed lockdown so here goes.

Letters (in this instance) are words written on pieces of paper Typically sent between people that like one another. Being the cantankerous old coot you are, you probably won’t get many.

Newspapers are Fish and Chip wrappers in the larval stage. Generally printed in black on white news print paper, they are full of lies and flights of fancy made up by people called journalists (which is a collective noun for a group of sycophantic people who write stories about other people’s misery because the can’t actually uncover any real news).

Invoices are a claim made by a seller to a buyer where the seller has provided the buyer with a product or service in response to a promise of deferred payment. You will not likely receive any invoices as your wife doesn’t let you have money, let alone buy anything.

How are you holding up you old bugger? I mowed five acres of paddocks with a ride on lawn mower today just to break the boredom. The upside is that my Iwatch says I have done 23,396 steps so I can eat shit loads tonight.
    I’m still working, essential service, shit pumps on the floor. Will wait till the armed dick turns up to close me down!! Only 23,000 steps? How many flights? Did you arse up and get the message? Ride on are great relaxation!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I’m still working, essential service, shit pumps on the floor. Will wait till the armed dick turns up to close me down!! Only 23,000 steps? How many flights? Did you arse up and get the message? Ride on are great relaxation!!
    178 flights. Just over forty of those will be real from my walk up the hill.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.m View Post
    Unfortunately for those that follow the rules, not much public land hunting is going to happen.
    Email from DOC below.
    Attachment 133692
    Where is this from please? Nothing on DOC website about revoking permits that I can find. Is this fake news?
    Chelsea likes this.

Molesworth Roar permits are revoked. See below

Dear Hunters

To follow on from our message this morning about hunting in Molesworth Blocks please see the link below for information regarding Closure of DOC huts/camps and outdoor activities.

https://www.doc.govt.nz/news/media-r...close-to-home/

 All Molesworth Hunting Permits have been REVOKED, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, due to New Zealand being in a Level 4 Alert (starting tomorrow, Wednesday 25th March 2020).

This includes:

 Travel severely limited
     All people instructed to stay at home unless you work for essential services

 The Molesworth, Acheron Road is still closed due to high fire risk, but with the Level 4 Alert that we are now in and restrictions as above, means we are taking extra measures to restrict people’s movement (as per Government Instruction).

 Please also note – Online Molesworth Hunting Permit Applications are closed until further notice.

We will be in touch by email when hunting in Molesworth resumes.

Noho ora mai,
    (stay well/look after yourself)

Kind regards
    stu#71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Really nobody should be going anywhere for 2 weeks minimum.....you may be infected and not know.....get in the bush and then fall ill with a deadly virus ?
    Then you die. Simple really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    308 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tiroahunta View Post
    Then you die. Simple really.

Yes and possibly those who come looking for you or those they should have been caring for.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    mikee and deer243 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Think its clear Hunting is a no go for at least 4 weeks. NZDA has stated DONT. GAC has stated DONT. MC has stated dont. DOC has stated dont and now the Government saying stay home.
    SAR stating Dont. It sucks but the Roar is cancelled .
    So no hunting for me just as my wrist has healed . Lucky have a good full freezer of venison. Good thing is the winter hunting will be good. There be a few more stags floating around.
    Just accept the fact people and have some sense. Theres more to life right now than shooting deer etc. And as a bonus nearly every roar someone is shot so prob so relief for some famly members you not going
    veitnamcam, Munsey, mw28 and 7 others like this.

In the case of extended trips I do agree but for part day trips I see no real harm.
    7mmwsm and Boaraxa like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

More lives will be saved from less people driving on the roads.

But farmers and private land still can hunt. So SAR still could get a callout.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    The current statement by Ardern that If we dont do this, tens of thousands of New Zealanders may die" gives the lie to their rate of decision making.
    I am self isolating from today but I have a niggling concern about mail deliveries ; how clean are all the letters, invoices newpapers etc. We are rural mail.
    I wonder if you put them in the microwave for 20sec looks like this virus is very fragile. Just look up how long it lasts on cardboard paper.

This from Harvard Medical School.

How long can the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 survive on surfaces?

A recent study found that the COVID-19 coronavirus can survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. The researchers also found that this virus can hang out as droplets in the air for up to three hours before they fall. But most often they will fall more quickly.

There's a lot we still don't know, such as how different conditions, such as exposure to sunlight, heat, or cold, can affect these survival times.

As we learn more, continue to follow the CDC's recommendations for cleaning frequently touched surfaces and objects every day. These include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables.

If surfaces are dirty, first clean them using a detergent and water, then disinfect them. A list of products suitable for use against COVID-19 is available here. This list has been pre-approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use during the COVID-19 outbreak.

In addition, wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water after bringing in packages, or after trips to the grocery store or other places where you may have come into contact with infected surfaces.
    veitnamcam, mikee, Woody and 2 others like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I recieved the email from DOC this morning, I'm on a mailing list from permits I've had in the past. Other then crossing out names it was an unedited email. I'm sure others on here recieved it aswell.

Anyway all over stuff etc in regard to not going hunting now.

I hope they are telling people not to go tramping, haven’t seen that on stuff?

NZFirst has different ideas as of two hours ago.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    More lives will be saved from less people driving on the roads.

But farmers and private land still can hunt. So SAR still could get a callout.
    I could have a accident at work and have a call out. The way it’s coming across to me is that if we go out this Roar we are all going to use LandSAR for a call out. They’re just trying to get hunters to get used to a new set of rules.,,,