Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By matto1234
  • 1 Post By scotty
  • 1 Post By 2Quack
  • 2 Post By Projects
  • 1 Post By matto1234
  • 1 Post By Willie
  • 1 Post By Gapped axe
  • 1 Post By Biggun708

Thread: Want hunting mates in waikato.

Want hunting mates in waikato.

Hey guys , i want to get to know a few people from the waikato to go hunting with as all my mates have kids,saturday jobs or are too lazy to get out there.

Im 21 and have some hunting experience, ive shot pigs and deer on private land but havent landed any from doc land yet. Ive had plenty of close encounters and got some good blood rushing in the roar but always get caught out from being a novice.

I usually go for day hunts in the kaimais, pureoras and kaimaniwas. The latter being my favourite.

Anyway enough rambling if you ever want some company feel free to message me. Got my own gps , epirb , etc.

Cheers,Matt
    StagRyan likes this.

Heading down Pureora in October your welcome to setup with us, gunna be Sunday to Wednesday 15-18
    Boaraxa likes this.

Cheers Scotty, should have mentioned i am a weekend hunter. Be keen to meet you on the sunday and have a look around. Cheers

Also in Hamilton and trying to free up a weekend for the last while and i'm keen to get out however I am one of those ones with kids and not too lazy however the fitness has slipped a little- disclaimer should be noted
    Still keen to get out for a walk so get in touch- might be an option for you but no pressure and there will be far fitter and better hunters than me.

Pureora is a nice place as well so keen to get back and have a look.
    Happy to arrange a catch up before so both on the same page etc.
    It wont be for the next 3 weeks due to commitments but happy to try and t something up.

Cheers
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Hey mate have been heading up kaimais of late driving from huntly where you based
    StagRyan likes this.

Pm on its way willie, fitness isn't a problem as im most likely going to fast and in the wrong direction anyhow so it might help to get me onto them before they have been spooked. Based in hamilton 2Quack. Cheers

All good pm me if your heading into kaimais always keen for a walk
    Cheers

I'm based in Cambridge and pretty new to all of this, still taking my time to acquire all my own gear. But hopefully wont be to far away from being ready. Probably in the same boat as you Matto heading in the wrong direction etc. I've been itching to get out for a walk in the hills (more to clear my head and get some peace) and thinking about going to Te Miro or Te Tapui for a bash.

I'm like Willie though one with children so needing to fit around them a little.
    Boaraxa and StagRyan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Quack View Post
    All good pm me if your heading into kaimais always keen for a walk
    Cheers
    Yup will do, same here just flick me a pm a day before

Quote Originally Posted by Projects View Post
    I'm based in Cambridge and pretty new to all of this, still taking my time to acquire all my own gear. But hopefully wont be to far away from being ready. Probably in the same boat as you Matto heading in the wrong direction etc. I've been itching to get out for a walk in the hills (more to clear my head and get some peace) and thinking about going to Te Miro or Te Tapui for a bash.

I'm like Willie though one with children so needing to fit around them a little.
    Te tapui is a perfect place to start walking for you then just flick kim an email at the te rapa doc office and she will sort you out a permit. There are deer in there, i know because ive spooked one haha let me know when you are all sorted and we can go from there.

Ive also got my own 4x4 with muds and winch if that's a selling point to anyone, even though it is extremely ugly haha
    StagRyan likes this.

Bop get together thread... Check it out and come on over.. A fine collection of hunting minds....

Happy to share the ride over if you fellas are keen, heading from Hamilton and looking at heading over Friday am and back Sunday/Monday/
    Hop in the thread and make it known.

Hey Matt pm inbound.

Cheers
    Biggun708 likes this.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I thought you said BOP get together? seems like a few gate crashers coming, even that Helensville bloke. Mind you he did say he would cover camp mama.
    Biggun708 likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    I thought you said BOP get together? seems like a few gate crashers coming, even that Helensville bloke. Mind you he did say he would cover camp mama.
    Hey, we're friendly folk down here!
    matto1234 likes this.