Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: What will the hunting rifles of the future look like ?

@Bunny Hunter Not just the young generation Tech is great; I love my Topo50 app on the phone for example. I just think it's picking appropriate tech for what you need to efficiently get the job done. If I was a long range hunter I'd be dialling like crazy But for 200 metres? Hmmm Cheers
    Micky Duck likes this.

Greetings All,
    At the risk of hijacking Moa Hunters thread even further we should not be to hard on the younger generation. We are all products og the generations we grew up in. For those of us Winston Peters Super Gold Card carrying old fudds we grew up in a time when money was tight and imports were scarce and expensive. It was a time when you made do with what you had. For the current generation starting out hunting today all sorts of fancy kit is available whether you need it or not and apparently whether you can pay for it or not. The young gentlemen faffing about with their toys while the deer exited stage left that Bumblefoot reoported were likely more focussed on making their video than actually hunting. We all need to remember that we were young once as well and made mistakes that we would prefer to forget. A quote from Mark Twain seems appropriate which as near as I can remember is as follows:
    "When I was 17 my Father was an ignoramus. When I was 22 I was amazed how much the old boy had learn't over the last 5 years"
    Regards Grandpamac.
    bumblefoot and Moa Hunter like this.

Banned
    Here you are @grandpamac, this is the sort of thing I was thinking about and of course someone has already done it https://www.newscientist.com/article...ctric-bullets/

Greetings @Moa Hunter,
    I dimmly remember a fiction story talking about shooting fish with electric bullets under water. It may have been in Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. He died in 1905. Not much new under the sun yet. Can't imagine a box of 100 selling for under $1,000.00 though.
    Regards Grandpamac.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Here you are @grandpamac, this is the sort of thing I was thinking about and of course someone has already done it https://www.newscientist.com/article...ctric-bullets/
    I can just see that going wrong. Certainly could change the outcome of forgetting a few rounds in the pocket and getting rained on, or the wife putting the said trousers through the washing machine.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Ian must of heard about our thread. Pretty interesting discussion on Gauss rifles.
    I like how it takes different sized projectiles but I dont think I'll be giving up my .308 anytime soon

Heres a link to their website, https://arcflashlabs.com/product/gr-1-anvil/
    Hit the hills, live the BushLife!

https://bushlifenz.com

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Attachment 189350

The way our sport is going courtesy of both the Government, police and a gun fearing public we might be using something like this.
    Rumour has it that is what a Tikka will look like in 2050.
    The Tikka tree 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sh00ter View Post
    Ian must of heard about our thread. Pretty interesting discussion on Gauss rifles.
    I like how it takes different sized projectiles but I dont think I'll be giving up my .308 anytime soon

Heres a link to their website, https://arcflashlabs.com/product/gr-1-anvil/
    Greetings,
    I was trying to decide if the monstrosity was a rifle, guitar or a pile of bits left on a bench in a pool of glue when I spotted the pistol grip. Still not absolutely sure though.
    GPM.