Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    the messy pricks leave crap all over the campsite that I have left pristine for decades ( which I do fucking well mind).
    Too true, Rushy!

Has he taken you out when you didnt have private access?
    I get asked all the time, i throw it back at them... and say 'when are you taking me out for my first deer?'... that normaly shuts them up, and talk about dumb... they dont get the hint

Barefoot, hope you got those return to shooter ricochet models
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

Just got the standard model - welded to 80mm square tube now. Will put the first ones in the ground tomorrow.
    moonhunt likes this.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Look after number 1. the world is full of good trustworthy people and the rest should be left behind!

F$%K poachers mate, once a poacher always a poacher as far as I am concerned, I give them no second chance. Poachers also tend to be liars, so you can't trust him. Not worth the effort/risk mate, JMHO.
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

SiB
    sounds like you're kind of 'stuck' how to say no - how about you 'blame' the unknown (to the other person) farmer - you've been 'told' you can't bring on any other hunters/guns at the moment - a farm policy decision, not yours.

Yes it's a porky - but a white lie in my book and one that I'm sure the cocky would actually back you up on - it's in your mutual interest.

I agree with the others - go with your gut reaction - you've had doubts already.

the bottom line is it's actually this guy's problem - not yours. He's the one carry a dodgy reputation, you have every right to protect yours.

Which is the alternative. tell him the truth: No - based on the fact that his reputation is compromised - and you're not prepared to risk yours.

there's a common human behaviour many of us have to put up with - the 'hunter skanks' - they wheedle up to any likely easy hunting lead and become 'friends' - purely and solely to gain their own access to closed or private land. They're dishonest and not respecting you - so how are they going to respect the farmer?

gets off soap box . . . . .

We have been chatting for the past two days about going out (he is getting a lift with my brother and I) and i have been putting out there afew leading questions to see how he responds.. so far he has passed

Think ill push to go for a general hunt first and see how i feel after that.

Empty DOC land here i come hahahaha