Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: when is cattle feral?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    If a bull which is tagged roots a cow which is tagged an has a calf which isnt tagged and you shot the calf when it was a bit bigger its legal
    If you leave your car outside my farm while you go for a hunt, am I allowed to assume you have abandoned it and it is ok that I start stripping it for parts?
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    If you leave your car outside my farm while you go for a hunt, am I allowed to assume you have abandoned it and it is ok that I start stripping it for parts?
    Only if you have a DOC permit for said car
    roig and Toby like this.

If it has not got a bell around the neck and is more than 500m from an habitation it is feral; at least that is the definition of a feral cat in France :-) which French hunters have pleasure to regulate!

As Neckshot and Dundee will tell ya our cows go waaaaay into the bush, no fence, doc wont help to pay for one......
    Yes drop kicks shoot a couple most years......
    One day I will catch someone

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Thats not even in the same thing...
    VIVA LA HOWA

Brads. Not looking to start a shitfight, but genuinely interested. Why would you look to DOC to help fence YOUR farm ? Do they (govt) have an issue with your cattle going onto DOC land?

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Brads. Not looking to start a shitfight, but genuinely interested. Why would you look to DOC to help fence YOUR farm ? Do they (govt) have an issue with your cattle going onto DOC land?
    Because DOC are supposed to pay half the fencing cost mate...., it's a boundary
    $20 a meter 8k of bush edge you do the Maths.
    No they don't really have an issue as we want to fence it...........
    DOC claim they have no money
    The loops do complain when they stand in a shit thow.
    It's really only an issue in winter when the cows are hungry.
    But they do go a fair way in, seen cows way up the roki.

DOC has a higher obligation to fence Brad's cattle out, than he has to fence them in on account of the Gov being exempt from the Fencing Act.

Fair enough. Town houses share cost of boundary fences so I guess DOC should do the same. Such a shame they dont have any money though......YEAH RIGHT!
    Invoice them for every cow you loose to poachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    DOC has a higher obligation to fence Brad's cattle out, than he has to fence them in on account of the Gov being exempt from the Fencing Act.
    You have to take the fucktards to court to get anything from them unless you want some 1080 that's free for all.

Fair enough. Town houses share cost of boundary fences so I guess DOC should do the same. Such a shame they dont have any money though......YEAH RIGHT!
    Invoice them for every cow you loose to poachers.
    How can someone be a poacher if they knock over a mooie in the bush while holding a permit that allows them to?
    The reason the mooie is in the bush for the start is there is no fence.
    So either the farmer is being negligent in not adequately keeping his stock contained or DOC is negligent for not keeping the farmers stock out of its land ( forgetting pastoral lease on which a permit shouldn't be issued for that area anyway)

As Tahr said - common sense - if it looks like daisy, has a bell or has a ear tag, then prob isn't feral

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    You have to take the fucktards to court to get anything from them unless you want some 1080 that's free for all.
    Isn't this a health and safety issue for those using DOC land, having beasts roaming round, you need to talk with OSH
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Standard conditions
    This permit only allows ground based non-commercial hunting of deer, pigs, goats, wallabies, chamois or tahr within the timeframe specified as "permit validity period", unless otherwise stated in the Special Conditions

I dont see any mention of cattle in the above, taken from my hunting permit. So I guess that unless you have a special clause, they are off the menu whichever way you look at it. So yeah, poaching.
    deer243 likes this.

Standard conditions
    This permit only allows ground based non-commercial hunting of deer, pigs, goats, wallabies, chamois or tahr within the timeframe specified as "permit validity period", unless otherwise stated in the Special Conditions

I dont see any mention of cattle in the above, taken from my hunting permit. So I guess that unless you have a special clause, they are off the menu whichever way you look at it. So yeah, poaching.
    Read the original post of this thread....

Poaching
    noun
    1. the illegal practice of trespassing on another's property to hunt or steal game without the landowner's permission.

You are splitting hairs about the use of the word.
    Technically you dont have the landowners permission, cos it doesnt say on the permit that you can hunt cattle. Therefore...poaching by your own definition.
    BRADS likes this.