Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: Who the fuk is "Sam Gibson" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sika 8 View Post
    I wonder what changing the classification of our big game species from the current "pests" would actually mean?
    Nothing - deer, tahr, chamois and pigs are currently dual status wild animals/game animals under the wild animal control act 1977 and game animal council act 2013, these animals are not legally pests now so it is an easy policy to implement - do nothing. This is a bit of a theme through the National policy package on hunting - promises to maintain status quo, dressed up to look like action and win votes.

This is neither an endorsement or a criticism of any political party.
    Kiwi Greg, erniec, BSA and 8 others like this.

The actual TV 3 footage and the way it was structured gave a different perspective than the article I'm thinking.

As for changing status from pest; if these animals were recognised as assets then they can be managed as such. For example; cattle are farmed as assets but in a manner that ensures the animals health and the eventual benifits to community / consumers.
    If the cattle (assets) are mismanaged the farmland and downstream environments ( eg catchments) suffer. In other words the mismanaged asset becomes a liability. Giving game animals and fish and birds asset status creates a positive management mindset in a broad sense, rather than the narrow negative fanatisism extant with the current "pest" status.
    30late and outlander like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    million dollar question - what we dont want is active game management over large areas - some of the early stuff from Game Council they proposed having uniformed Rangers who would advise hunters on what they could shoot - now I agree with some game management as at present with fiordland wapiti blocks - but having someone tell me I cant shoot young stags or whatever no - we have not had that and the whole idea is abhorrent - free and unrestricted access to all Public Conservation estate -thats what the Conservation act promises us and thats what we should get - and shoot any deer without some plonker sitting on his backside in Wellington calling himself a Game Council telling us what we can or cant do -we are not dealing with endemic animals as in other countrys - the Game Council should have no say on private land either - my rant for day
    My thoughts exactly!

I like it that a party is at least thinking about hunters but comments re a boost to the role of the Game Council fill me with bloody horror - its old English Game Warden thinking one had hoped disappeared years ago - some think if deer were managed they could then stroll out into DOC estate and huge stags would be the norm - ha ha ha
    woods223 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Nothing - deer, tahr, chamois and pigs are currently dual status wild animals/game animals under the wild animal control act 1977 and game animal council act 2013, these animals are not legally pests now so it is an easy policy to implement - do nothing. This is a bit of a theme through the National policy package on hunting - promises to maintain status quo, dressed up to look like action and win votes.

This is neither an endorsement or a criticism of any political party.
    Bit rich coming from "Mr No Politics"
    outlander and Lauries Hut like this.
    Overkill is still dead.

sam the trap man and sage are of the same ilk.
    Sika 8 likes this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    My whole point n argument of this thread was "who is Sam Gibson" & why has TV3 decided that he was the guy to go too ?

I have no idea who this fulla is, I don't disagree with some of his points, for a start there's an old saying that how do you make issues & things worse - you get politician's involved & start a Ministry ie James Shaw & the idiot posse of man made global warming fuk wits, that righteous cunt does more pointless flying miles n uses more jet fuel than buzz light year.
    As we know many things in theory just don't work in practice, the gun registry is prime example - my prediction is it will blow out to costing 2 billion dollars & then be scrapped in ten years

But getting back to TV3 ( & the even worse TV1 ) funny I used to work with a guy that previously had a lot of responsibility in the Police, he would have the same interview with half a dozen reporters & every story when released was completely different, that was years ago so bring the C19 & govt payment scheme into the aquation & as we know, this is where we are.

So how did old mate Sam the pinko possum trapper end up on the news ?

Why didn't they have someone like the NZDA president on, this is a person with responsibility, Who has been voted into the position by his fellow hunters / shooters / members & has the interest's, rights & well being of all FAL holders of NZ at the top of the agenda oh no that's right it doesn't roll with the current cancel culture / woke agenda of todays media, never mind FAL holders are a dying breed, once 10% of the population sadly probably closer to maybe 3-4 % now ?

PS - I've been round long enough to know how things work & as for my comments not everyone will agree with my point of view, it is what it is, however we are all entitled to have a voice & opinion, healthy discussion ( especially over a beer face - face ) will sort most things pretty quick, legislation & miles of red tape is not the way to go.
    Spanners, 199p, BRADS and 6 others like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Why don’t you get in touch with the guy and ask him yourself? Bloody easy to get in touch with him.

Have a convo with the guy you’re enquiring about, instead of asking the internet.

I think the work he does is really balanced in regard to conservation/hunting.
    Tahr, Tentman, Monk and 5 others like this.

Scroll to the bottom. His cell number and email both on there.

https://www.easternwhiolink.co.nz/
    7mmwsm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    My whole point n argument of this thread was "who is Sam Gibson" & why has TV3 decided that he was the guy to go too ?

I have no idea who this fulla is, I don't disagree with some of his points, for a start there's an old saying that how do you make issues & things worse - you get politician's involved & start a Ministry ie James Shaw & the idiot posse of man made global warming fuk wits, that righteous cunt does more pointless flying miles n uses more jet fuel than buzz light year.
    As we know many things in theory just don't work in practice, the gun registry is prime example - my prediction is it will blow out to costing 2 billion dollars & then be scrapped in ten years

But getting back to TV3 ( & the even worse TV1 ) funny I used to work with a guy that previously had a lot of responsibility in the Police, he would have the same interview with half a dozen reporters & every story when released was completely different, that was years ago so bring the C19 & govt payment scheme into the aquation & as we know, this is where we are.

So how did old mate Sam the pinko possum trapper end up on the news ?

Why didn't they have someone like the NZDA president on, this is a person with responsibility, Who has been voted into the position by his fellow hunters / shooters / members & has the interest's, rights & well being of all FAL holders of NZ at the top of the agenda oh no that's right it doesn't roll with the current cancel culture / woke agenda of todays media, never mind FAL holders are a dying breed, once 10% of the population sadly probably closer to maybe 3-4 % now ?

PS - I've been round long enough to know how things work & as for my comments not everyone will agree with my point of view, it is what it is, however we are all entitled to have a voice & opinion, healthy discussion ( especially over a beer face - face ) will sort most things pretty quick, legislation & miles of red tape is not the way to go.
    Jeez - bloody hard to tell what you're actually shooting at, just as well it's only words being flung about

He's clear as day to me. Why didn't the media go to the President of a recognised, long standing, lobby group for game animals instead of some one like Sam???
    199p, BRADS and Eat Meater like this.

Pretty sure they did interview someone from NZDA.

National's Commitment to Hunting and Fishing a Big Step Forward

Media Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    24 July 2023

National's commitment to hunting and fishing a big step forward
    The National Party’s Plan for Hunting and Fishing, which was announced at the New Zealand Deerstalker’s Association Conference over the weekend, is a major step forward for the rights of hunters and the management of game animals in New Zealand, says NZDA Chief Executive Gwyn Thurlow.

“Hunting and fishing are not merely pastimes,” Gwyn says. “They represent integral components of our nation's cultural heritage.”

“Hundreds-of-thousands of Kiwis have grown up cherishing their right to hunt and fish, and through responsible participation, they not only forge a lifelong bond with the environment, but also actively contribute to the conservation of our native species.”

“National's proposal to establish a dedicated Minister for Hunting and Fishing demonstrates the party’s understanding of the profound impact that these activities have on our society. This dedicated role will serve as a strong representative for hunters and fishers and ensure the sector’s voice will be heard at the Cabinet table.”

NZDA is pleased to see National's commitment to formally classifying deer tahr, chamois and wild pigs as game animals.

“The Aotearoa New Zealand Biodiversity Strategy 2020 has determined these are valued introduced species alongside others such as trout and salmon. Unfortunately, there is a high degree of inconsistency across legislation and planning documents, which not only disregards the value of these animals to New Zealanders, but hinders their management,” Gwyn says.

“National’s approach rightly recognises that hunters are the key to the future management of these animals and sets the stage for a more harmonious coexistence between conservation, commercial, mahinga kai and recreational activities.”

The NZDA welcomes proposals to strengthen the Game Animal Council and provide for the designation of 'herds of special interest' (HOSI).

“Strengthening the GAC and designating HOSI aligns closely with NZDA's mission to promote sustainable hunting opportunities,” Gwyn says.

“Empowering hunters to actively participate in hunter-led management is a key component of modern, progressive game animal management, and where it is already happening, is making a tangible difference in preserving biodiversity.”

“The efforts put in by hunters in managing game animal numbers and eradicating pest species, such as goats, rats and stoats, are critical to improving environmental outcomes and ensuring our native flora and fauna thrive.”

"Hunters are true conservation volunteers, with hunting organisations dedicating thousands of hours to conservation programmes on top of the role they play in game animal management through recreational hunting.”

Guaranteeing free and enduring access to public lands for hunting and fishing is of paramount importance to NZDA.

“Such unrestricted access is what Kiwis have enjoyed for generations and it fosters a strong sense of connection with the outdoors and enables responsible recreation,” Gwyn says. “National's commitment to preserving these opportunities will undoubtedly reinforce the bond between Kiwis and their natural environment.”

Establishing Huts of Recreational Importance is another important commitment.

“Our backcountry huts serve as more than mere shelters for hunter, fishers and trampers - they embody our outdoor heritage and make access to our backcountry possible for many hundreds-of-thousands of New Zealanders,” Gwyn says.

NZDA is one of the founders of the Backcountry Trust and many projects are carried out by NZDA branches and volunteers.

“National's vision to collaborate with volunteer groups and DOC demonstrates their dedication to fostering a sense of community and supporting that community to preserve its precious backcountry assets.”

NZDA also commends National's steadfast support for Fish & Game New Zealand.

“Fish & Game is an essential organisation dedicated to protecting trout and salmon fishing for future generations. Many NZDA members are also fishers, and value these introduced species. Preserving the health of our aquatic ecosystems is a responsibility we all share and National's commitment in this regard reflects their understanding of the delicate balance between recreational fishing and conservation.”

“National’s policy, if implemented, can go a long way to preserving our hunting and fishing heritage, while helping to manage game animal numbers and safeguard the future of our native species,” says Gwyn. “This would leave a lasting legacy for generations to come.”

For media enquiries and further information, please contact:

Gwyn Thurlow

Chief Executive Officer, New Zealand Deerstalkers Association

Phone: 027 4060 060

Email: gwyn.thurlow@deerstalkers.org.nz
    cb14, Micky Duck, flock and 1 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

What he does i.e. trapping stoats etc to save whio is more important that his tongue does. Very keen to shoot deer on the farms where he traps and to take out the TV presenter.
    Tahr likes this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Jeez - bloody hard to tell what you're actually shooting at, just as well it's only words being flung about
    Blahahaha yeah bud I wonder that myself, I was trying to get my point of view across & in a hurry.

I've been working all day, then have ended up on the phone all night while attempting to get work invoices done, haven't had a scrub or dinner yet & my alarm goes off a 5:30 ( the joys of being self employed ) then having to justify myself on here, I don't really giv a fuk this fulla but he bit a nerve for me last night & no I don't really care about contacting the cunt ( I know someone that knows the bearded fuk wit ) I've got better things to do hahahahhaa

I choose to hang out with people I love n respect, just spent the weekend with a bunch of true GC's ( all off the old FnH forum ) what a great way to spend a night in the bush

Peace out, I'm off to have a thermonuclear shower
    199p, shift14, Lauries Hut and 1 others like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!