Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree582Likes

Thread: YouTube star "Rogee" the great New Zealand hunting 'n' shooting ambassador.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar

YouTube star "Rogee" the great New Zealand hunting 'n' shooting ambassador.

Disclaimer - I don't know or have ever meet Rogee ( or have any interest / association with "BOB" ) he might be a real CG to sit down have a beer with & I admire his passion, but here are my observations

So I don't watch a lot of YouTube hunting vids, it's never really been my thing, Occasionally a little American - overseas stuff from time to time.

I do watch the Duleys - Red Stag boys when on network TV, these are exceptionally well made, filmed & ethically correct programmes showing Hunting in NZ at it's best.

Then last night at a mates place I was introduced to the world of old mate "Rogee", Crickey dick where do I start ?

Please note - I'm not passing judgement, you can decide that on ya own, these are just some observations I made ( of the 8- 10 vids we watched ) & remember this guy is happy to post for the world to see, he has over 200 vids & seems to love the camera

* It seems to all be LR shooting with his philosophy of "aim for the big bit"

* Many of the shots taken with his 300wsm magic hammer were taken at 500, 600 - 700 plus yards & in terrible shooting conditions, windy as fuk & swirling all over the place

* Gut shooting seems to be "par for the course" funny aye after reading the above

* For some fucked up reason they all do a count down & everyone shoots at once or at a selected animal, probably also relates to the above ( seems the rule of if there's "lead in the air" there's hope applies )

* The SI Tahr hunting vid is well worth a watch, even if ya no into that sort of thing

* Watching these vid's it's a roller coaster of emotions - laughter, cringing & embarrassment

* One of the two founding members of "Brother's of Bobo" ( yes has been mentioned on here before ) apparently a select group of FB hunters n gathers ( limited to 100 ) the best of the best re internet - social media, go you fullas, there's rules n everything about continuing putting up content etc, they even have one young chick in the group called a "She Bob" like wtf as the dad of young adult girls that's just super duper creepy.

* Gotta love the NZDA "rifle safety" check, seems algood while having a rifle strapped to ya pack ( seems no one actually carries one in hand "safe" & easily ready to use ) funny that safety seems to go out the window when shooting, waving em around willy nilly.

* Chur chur to all the sponsors - good to see they know the go aye.
    Last edited by Philipo; 04-06-2023 at 09:06 PM.
    Seventenths, 199p, Carbine and 9 others like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

sounds like fit n proper..non animal cruelty.....so move along nothing to see here..except thats opposite of what the ywant..with luck sooner or later SOMEONE in some sort of authority will string up one of these utube warriors for all the world to see..its quite extrodinary it hasnt happened more often yet... they after all provide the evidence...oh no thats right that ISNT GOOD ENOUGH...remember a certain piece of pondscum murdered innocent folks and provided video evidence of doing so and still had to go to trial..... dumbfuckery at its finest..shouldve been,guilty as charged with no reasonable doubt ...
    Ngo likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I meet him and his friends on that Tahr hunt, we were in the same Valley. He is more down to earth in person than on YouTube.

As for counting down on shots, ex Military?
    MattyR and paremata like this.

Apparently if you carry an ice axe when doing your training walks, fully loaded pack and in ya tacticool clothing makes you fitter, stronger better. Not too much ice up Gisborne way or Mt Kaukau though.
    ANTSMAN, Carbine, HNTMAD and 4 others like this.

I cringed when I saw that young bull shot… that yearling looked like it was shot in the guts and had its throat cut later when they caught up to it
    BRADS, Micky Duck, Rees and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireSafaris View Post
    As for counting down on shots, ex Military?
    Ahhh, that's a big no. There's all sorts of protocols followed when requesting permission to fire, if that's in your ROEs, but counting down aint one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by gilly View Post
    Apparently if you carry an ice axe when doing your training walks, fully loaded pack and in ya tacticool clothing makes you fitter, stronger better. Not too much ice up Gisborne way or Mt Kaukau though.
    Especially if you are doing it around the streets.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    superdiver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventenths View Post
    I cringed when I saw that young bull shot… that yearling looked like it was shot in the guts and had its throat cut later when they caught up to it
    I cringe when people send me links to the vids-cant watch. Much like in this forum, and every other club- there's some a holes, and there's some good people, there's some stupid people and some geniuses. There's a lot of once a year hunters- just like in here I imagine. Some some walk the walk, and some talk the talk.

Geeze Philipo, ya behind the times mate
    Carbine, BRADS and paremata like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Ahhh, that's a big no. There's all sorts of protocols followed when requesting permission to fire, if that's in your ROEs, but counting down aint one of them!
    if you watch carefully, they dont even shoot on one or zero, usually its 2.2
    Carbine likes this.

Oh jeez, trying to hold my tongue on this one. Nice to see someone seeing things for what they are for once. Lived in that world for a bit (the brothers of bubu). Time I will never get back but these experiences teach young men like me great life lessons.

I watch a lot of YouTube videos when I don't have time to get out myself and have found rogees videos okay, saying that I've never analyzed them too much. Normally just kicking back in the evening with nothing better to do. Sure he uses the platform for advertising and an income but that's the goal of video makers isn't it.
    paremata and camenzie like this.

I like his videos. He is showing some good shot and good on him showing the not so good one. Happen to any good hunter once on a while.
    Fisherman and mucko like this.

I ran into this a while ago, one of his "brothers of bubu" that often hunts with him. Not surprising that some of the long shots end up in the guts.

Name:  wsm.jpg
Views: 2162
Size:  359.3 KB

I guess no one’s perfect. He’s out there doing it in front of the world and showing his mistakes which a lot don’t (maybe he shouldn’t).
    He puts a heap of effort in to get the meat out and his animal welfare is a hell of a lot better than 1080. Is every shot a culler takes ethical???
    mucko, Rock, paremata and 1 others like this.

Jus
    Not so good for the anti hunting community to see wounded animals. But at the end of the day it’s not like he’s “having a crack”. Apart from the odd wind call that goes a muck, his dope is pretty on point. I’m pretty sure they shoot on the count of 3 so he can back up his mates who are less experienced shooters than he, a lot of the time his mates miss and he doesn’t. The only thing I don’t like is the 30 cal at those distances in the wind. A 7mm would have less deflection, less holding way off the animal in windy situations…
    Fisherman and paremata like this.