Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Best bang for buck $400 binos

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vortex Diamondback 10x42

16 84.21%
  • Bushnell Trophy 10x42

2 10.53%
  • Burris Droptine 10x42

1 5.26%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: $400 price point bino options

I've had the 8x42 diamondbacks for 5 years now. Crisp and bright picture. It's got all the glass that I'll probably ever need. Ergonomic and easy to focus.
    One minor defect is the factory glue used for attaching the rubber cover over the eye piece is of poor quality, mine came off for both eyes. Had to use super glue to reattach. They have stayed since.

I picked up some Kowa BDII from BHphoto. They were the shop sample pair(9/10) but were in perfect condition. Came to less than $400 (last years exchange rate) including shipping to NZ which in hindsight was a pretty good deal. I rate them but I dont really know any better. IMO they're nicer than my partners BX-2 alpines.
    Shearer likes this.

The Leupold Cascade line discontinued some years ago. Replaced by better and brighter in their range.

The diamondbacks were rated highly in this review
    https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topic...est-binoculars

Purveyor of Fine Cutlery terryf's Avatar
    Some specials on Marine Deals
    Regards
    Terry

https://www.knives4africa.co.nz/
    Custom knife dealer

Authorised Nitecore Torch Retailer
    NZ Distributor of Nano-Oil

The Delta Forest binos are quite cheap and I haven't heard bad things about them. Might be another option?

There’s Burris Droptine binos on special at Shooters World in Gore for $399

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
    I've had the 8x42 diamondbacks for 5 years now. Crisp and bright picture. It's got all the glass that I'll probably ever need. Ergonomic and easy to focus.
    One minor defect is the factory glue used for attaching the rubber cover over the eye piece is of poor quality, mine came off for both eyes. Had to use super glue to reattach. They have stayed since.
    That happened with my 10x42s at the beginning of the year, but only one eye-piece. I just sent them back and they sent me a brand new pair. Was a bit of a slow turnaround, but that was primarily due to a screw up by NZPost. Other than that I've been really happy with my Diamondbacks. Know quite a few other hunters with em and all seem to like them.
    Synthetic likes this.

I have Leupold BX2 Alpines 10x42 and rate them. Like most things, they have increased in price over the last 12 months or so. 'Forever' warranty.
    dannyb likes this.

I paid $400 for a pair of bushnell binos 5 yrs ago,the glue on the eye pieces gave way almost immediately,then I finally lost the rubber eye piece this roar,so I’m using them without the rubber,I can still see deer so it’s ok,I find the quality good without having the worry about care and maintenance of a top brand of binos