Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 10/22 trigger job & recommendations please

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    I do not usually advocate a full Kidd gun for most people. Having said that, if you have the money, you should get it. No one I know has ever regretted getting a full Kidd gun. I only know people who regretted selling their Kidd gun. It really is the pinnacle of semi auto 22LR in the whole world.

For the purpose of this thread, I am advocating getting just the Kidd 2 stage trigger. For the average shooting hobbyist, $500 on a Ruger 10/22 and 600 on a Kidd 2stage will not break the bank, but it will give you a gun that is super pleasant to shoot and acceptable accuracy (unless you got a dud barrel, which can happen). You just cannot get a semi-auto that is as pleasant for $1100~1200.
    Mr Browning likes this.

Great info and reading, really enjoying the input here.

When you think of a $500 rifle and then spending more than that on just the trigger, it doesnt sound worth it, but when you reflect and say that you cant get a decent semi for under $1100-1200, you are right, and it suddenly makes sense.

And it is one I want to keep it is worth spending a little on it, all I need to do know is find somewhere who has them for sale.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

@Mr Browning @The bomb

USA Guns Ltd

Kidd triggers etc

Looks like he's sold out of single stage triggers again but has 2 stage still in stock.

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    Great info and reading, really enjoying the input here.

When you think of a $500 rifle and then spending more than that on just the trigger, it doesnt sound worth it, but when you reflect and say that you cant get a decent semi for under $1100-1200, you are right, and it suddenly makes sense.

And it is one I want to keep it is worth spending a little on it, all I need to do know is find somewhere who has them for sale.
    Good luck with that. I have 2 Kidd 2-stage and want one more. I have been watching them on the secondhand market for the last 10 years. they come up very very rarely. maybe once every 2~3 years and either they are either priced too high or gone within hours.

A friend of mine has been looking out for one for a while, I have been telling him the same thing.

People tend to think KIDD 2 stage is expensive because 10/22 is a mass produced cheap gun. Truth is that all high end triggers cost about Kidd money or more. See for example Bix'n Andy and Jewel. I think if you every had to replace an Anschutz 50.18 trigger it will cost no less than a Kidd as well.
    Mr Browning likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    @Mr Browning @The bomb

USA Guns Ltd

Kidd triggers etc

Looks like he's sold out of single stage triggers again but has 2 stage still in stock.
    Sweet, thanks for the link sir.

All that money and they cant even put a decent mag release lever on it. No wonder people have a shit of a time poking fingers and thumbs in holes trying to get the mag out with levers like that.

Will go into GunWorks next week and chat and see what can be done I think.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

I fitted my 10/22 with the VQ hammer. Took all of five minutes and made the trigger pull a lot better. Not glass rod better but it allowed easy shooting out to 100-120 metres on rabbits.

I think my standard trigger has been worked on by previous owner,not bad a bit like an old school 2 stage but breaks pretty crisp once the slack is taken up,will upgrade to a Kidd one day though.

Sweet, thanks for the link sir.

All that money and they cant even put a decent mag release lever on it. No wonder people have a shit of a time poking fingers and thumbs in holes trying to get the mag out with levers like that.

Will go into GunWorks next week and chat and see what can be done I think.
    I have tried the long lever mag releases and find they are only good for target shooting as it's easy to accidentally drop mags while hunting. The Kidd mag release is much easier to use than the original but you would have to try it to find out.

One of the main issues here is trying to explain what it's like to use trigger X or Y.

You kind of need to try them out.
    Mr Browning likes this.

Cheers for the info and prices, havent heard of a Kidd trigger, but based on the price they might be more for competitive shooting, and a bit over the top for my needs.
    The kidd is 100% hands down the best 10/22 trigger on the market
    By a huge Margin
    It is well worth what you pay for it although i probably wouldn’t fit one to a standard rifle ether myself
    It would be awesome but at the same time double the cost of the rifle and the rifle itself isn’t accurate enough to take full advantage (talking standard $500-600 models)
    The only one of the drop in triggers I haven’t shot with at some stage is the jard I have some experience with all the others
    In my opinion the others (apart from kidd) are not much improvement over a properly worked factory trigger
    Possible slightly crisper but that’s about it
    And not worth the money in my opinion

If I brought a cheap factory 10/22 for hunting Purposes tomorrow all I would do is send the original trigger to get worked
    And that’s it that would make the trigger about 1.5-2lb which is as light as you would ever need on a hunting rifle
    As it is I own a full kidd 10/22 so just use that for everything but it’s certainly overkill for a hunting rifle and your trigger Discipline has to be on point with a 12 oz trigger you touch it and it will go bang
    Mr Browning likes this.