Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: .223 Rounds

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    What actually caused this buy all the ammo you can mentality in the USA?
    I realise it was something to do with Obama but that's about it.
    So when everyone has more ammo than they could shoot in three life times and the ammo manufactures have caught up with demand what then? There will be a glut and ammo will be quarter the price of the stuff everyone stock piled?
    Ammo producers close down or down size?
    If your an ammo producer you wouldn't shoot yourself in the foot (HA!) by actually supplying enough ammo. You would continue to drip feed the shooting community to keep that fear of never getting enough running to keep demand high knowing you can actually supply almost enough.

Maybe in about 5 years time people will start thinking they have enough for the apocalypse but probably not as most people will be shooting it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    What actually caused this buy all the ammo you can mentality in the USA?
    I realise it was something to do with Obama but that's about it.
    So when everyone has more ammo than they could shoot in three life times and the ammo manufactures have caught up with demand what then? There will be a glut and ammo will be quarter the price of the stuff everyone stock piled?
    Ammo producers close down or down size?
    I would say mainly fear of new restrictions and deep distrust of the govt. I think the way it is now is the new normal.People wont stop hoarding until they can buy anything they want. This is from business insider....

In the four years since Barack Obama was first elected president in November 2008, an estimated 67 million firearms have been purchased in the United States. That’s more than were sold in almost seven years before his first election.

Read more here: U.S. gun sales hit a record high since Obama's re-election | National | McClatchy DC

Ok,thats just 4 years.If everyone of those people bought just 1 box of ammo,thats a shitload of ammo.Thats more guns than all the armies of the world combined.

Makes a country pretty much impossible to invade if the entire population is well armed.

Nz and Aus would be a walk over the way we are trying to disarm the population.
    Wirehunt, grunzter and James J. like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Ejected
    Damn straight VC

It would be like, the government coming out tomorrow and saying something like "we are planning to curb the importation of all firearms, and put a 30% tax on all firearm and ammunition sales". I'm pretty sure Kiwis would strip the shelves.
    nevada likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nevada View Post
    It won't calm down until that piece of shit Marxist is out of the White House.If Hillary gets in forget it.They'll be a civil war.
    The takers outnumber the makers now.Plus a million turd world immigrants per year. If I go to Sportsmans Warehouse when it opens theres 20 guys waiting at the door.Theres plenty of shotgun shells and non military caliber ammo.No .22lr.At the gunshow they sold 4 tractor trailer loads of ammo.The ammo hoard in this country is phenomenal.i myself have @18,000 rds plus 1500 percussion caps and 5lbs of triple seven.Plenty of 777,so I'll get more of that too.Sorry guys,we need it worse than you,WOT !
    Cool it with the tea party talking points, Rush Limbaugh.

There is around 400 people ayear killed by rifles of all types here,including the ones wasted by the police.More people are killed by hammers.most of the handgun murders are lowlifes killing eachother in shitholes like Chicago.But if it has a pistol grip or holds more than 10 shots it must be more deadly.Oh and a bayonet lug really makes it deadly.I never heard of someone getting bayoneted in the US lately.Believe me ,we saw the photos of the Aussies guns getting ground up and it aint happening here.All it would take is the cops killing some civilinans over not turning in their shit and cops would be shot on sight.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rs200nz View Post
    Is anyone stocking the steel cased training ammo yet? I had to head out and purchase 4 boxes of brass ones for a service rifle shoot this weekend. It's going to be an expensive weekend me thinks

In short no. The NZ importer has a standing order for them at hornady but there has been no sign of any being produced for a long time now. I heard that getting the actual cases is the issue.