Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: .300 WinMag Break vs Suppressor

There is a plethora of suppressor manufacturers around the world today.

Materials, constructions methods and quality vary greatly.

Our approach has always been to make solid, long lasting products without the customer having to think of replacing anything.

Also, lot of variables involved ( barrel lengths, loads etc. ) so where we have set limits on something, we have wanted to be on the safe side, as we cannot control what each customer does.

What we have seen somewhat here is that some manufacturers products get heavier from first introduction, whereas we have typically introduced lighter versions of earlier models.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Sales and Marketing Manager
    Ase Utra sound suppressors

I have a Browning X-bolt in 300 Win Mag and went thru the same thought process..... I ended up going with the suppressor (Gunworks Maximus) and it really makes it quiet and tames the barrel jump... it does however coupled with the Z6 swaro ...make the gun a lot heavier ..... I also have a 45-70 with magna porting (which isn't as loud as a break) and it is a quick way to lose friends as it is very loud makes your ears ring for quite some time.

But I think its for hunting the suppressor would be better as doesn't spook animals as muchName:  IMG_0165.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  1.07 MB
    DanS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    For ChrisF: I have not heard of many failures of the mag suppressors from dpt with a 300win mag so far.
    But as you say it is your choice to go with other materials.

For distant stalker: usually it should not take you more than one or two rounds to kill a deer,we can't really call that overheating a suppressor ,can we? :-) ( punt intended)
    Dam haven't been on here for a while. Shooting long range takes practice, practice on range is where you put more rounds down the tube and have to wait to cool down. Gets old quickly.
    Also shooting tahr etc you can end up with a few shots off quickly. Probably not enough to get suppressor to temps that mirage be too much but up in the cold it doesn't take much for this to happen... Finally the weight of magnum suppressors is excessive for the way I use mine. Would rather carry a pair of earmuffs/plugs
    Kiwi Greg likes this.

I agree. On magnum rifles especially for long range work fit a brake. You have plenty time to put ear plugs or muffs on usually.
    In my experience suppressors only do a half ass job of reducing recoil and muzzle flip on a magnum rifle. Good on 223s and medium calibres though for bush hunting.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by distant stalker View Post
    Also shooting tahr etc you can end up with a few shots off quickly. Probably not enough to get suppressor to temps that mirage be too much but up in the cold it doesn't take much for this to happen...

You wait for the next tahr trip then lol. Big sock on it tm keep the mirage away 😂

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    distant stalker likes this.