Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 6.5 PRC in Tikka T3X lite or Bergara B14 Extreme Hunter

6.5 PRC in Tikka T3X lite or Bergara B14 Extreme Hunter

Hey guys, having a toss up between the above rifles...

I'm pretty sure the Bergara is a tiny bit heavier and I know the Tikka will be a shooter but probably no better than the Bergara. I will probably end up with a suppressor on the end but may run a brake to save weight.

I think the stock is a bet better for my frame on the Bergara as I have another Tikka and it's a wee bit short in the length of pull.

As far as aftermarket bits, I have no plans to change anything like stock, magazine etc. Is the mag length on the Tikka suitable for the long slippery pills?

I'm certain. There is something I haven't thought of, anyone have experience with either rifle? Reloaders especially.

Cheers

I’d go begara

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I’d go begara
    Can you elaborate?

I’d go whatever you like the feel of better. Bergara are making some nice rifles and Tikka is just good old Tikka. Bought a Bergara BMR 22lr this morning, very nice little setup.

I too would go Bergara - the action feels better - the trigger is better - just feels better made

Yeah I get what you guys are saying, I haven't physically picked either them up yet, plan to have a fondle of them tomorrow or the next day

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    I’d go whatever you like the feel of better. Bergara are making some nice rifles and Tikka is just good old Tikka. Bought a Bergara BMR 22lr this morning, very nice little setup.
    Yeah I've seen them, they look very good. Very tidy looking rifles, that would certainly be on my list.

Bergara every day.

Rem 700 footprint.

Heaps of aftermarket stocks etc.

Lastly they shoot really well.

But if it doesn't fit you don't waste your time.

Tikkas don't fit me at all so not to say they aren't good at all but goes to show how fit and feel counts aye

I'll see how they feel, I can always make the Tikka fit better but I can't make the Bergara lighter without spending a lot.
    DBD and 25/08 IMP like this.

I was looking at these two when was after a new rifle. I went with the tikka just felt nicer to handle. But that was just me
    Longrun likes this.

I'm a Tikka slut so I'd go Tikka.
    You can easily replace the bolt stop and go for the full length magnum magazine if you want more mag length.

There are just as many aftermarket options for Tikkas these day, and in someways you'd be more like to pick up used aftermarket stuff on here for a Tikka than Rem 700.

The 70degree bolt throw on the Tikka is enough to convince me, along with Tikkas being a well known quantity.
    I'm sure the Bergara will be fine but if you were worried about getting a lemon Tikka is the safer bet IMO.
    kiwi303 likes this.

DBD
    If you can wait the Tikka 6.5prc s/s superlite will be here soon, early '23
    hotsoup likes this.
    It takes 20 barrels of water to make 1 barrel of beer...

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    I'm a Tikka slut so I'd go Tikka.
    You can easily replace the bolt stop and go for the full length magnum magazine if you want more mag length.

There are just as many aftermarket options for Tikkas these day, and in someways you'd be more like to pick up used aftermarket stuff on here for a Tikka than Rem 700.

The 70degree bolt throw on the Tikka is enough to convince me, along with Tikkas being a well known quantity.
    I'm sure the Bergara will be fine but if you were worried about getting a lemon Tikka is the safer bet IMO.
    Stock options hands down go to the 700 footprint but that’s an expensive aftermarket part if you don’t want to be changing parts I’d go tikka

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Stock options hands down go to the 700 footprint but that’s an expensive aftermarket part if you don’t want to be changing parts I’d go tikka
    Damn near every aftermarket stock are now available in T3.
    The Rem 700 is still the most common action footprint by far but the T3 has caught up quick around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DBD View Post
    If you can wait the Tikka 6.5prc s/s superlite will be here soon, early '23
    How lite are they? Serious question I don't want to go too lite, somewhere around 3.8kg scoped and suppressed should be doable with a lite.