Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Bergara B14 Extreme Hunter 308

Bergara B14 Extreme Hunter 308

Gidday All, is anyone running one of these? A lot of good package deals going on them. Normally I stick with Tikka but keen to try something different. Will just be running with the 168s and a lighter 125 load.

Are they as easy to get going as the Tikkas?

Cheers

I think @Ryan_Songhurst had one?
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    I think @Ryan_Songhurst had one?
    Yeah, He loves it. Seem like a good gun. Nicely finished and have a good reputation for accuracy

I seldom get very interested in "new shiny" stuff in gunshops, but if I was buying a new short action bolt rifle for me these have the best feel, point-ability and balance of any of the reasonably priced options!
    McNotty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Yeah, He loves it. Seem like a good gun. Nicely finished and have a good reputation for accuracy
    Of course he does everything feels good after a 270.

Ryan's is pimped out now but think he was pretty happy with it. That is one gun that interests me, would love one in 308
    Max Headroom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    Ryan's is pimped out now but think he was pretty happy with it. That is one gun that interests me, would love one in 308
    I'll grab one after lockdown and do a load development for 168s and 125s. See what happens.
    Nick-D likes this.

Im keen on one of these also. The other option, slightly cheaper, is the Howa Alpine Rifle. But I sure the Bergara has it over the Howa
    McNotty and dannyb like this.

I wonder how many Rem700 are actually purchased in NZ.....that aren't being used for just the actions?
    Sideshow likes this.

not a lot i suspect , the local humping and fisting only has a couple and they dont move. And for a hundred or so bucks the Bergra is a better buy. If they had a slightly lighter weight i suspect they would be a challenger to the Tikka . Once we see more of their models showing up i suspect they will become more popular.
    dannyb likes this.

Morning Mcnotty
    This is my first post on this forum.I put up something in my profile / intro yourself later if thats Ok.
    Ive got one in 308. Its a really good gun. I got mine before the price went up , think theyre a couple of hundred more now. Traded in my Remington 700. Mine shoots really well.With blue box federal 150s the other day it shot 1/2 inch ,3 shot at 109 yards on the rangefinder.
    Thats pretty good for a factory gun.Really well made , ceracote stainless.No flaws or machine marks , half cock, nice stock.
    Way better than the current Remingtons ( not knocking the earlier ones).
    I really like it. Bit heavier than a Tikka but a real solid feel. Mates got the woodsman in 7mm rem magnum. H and F got it in for him I think. Real classic looking gun.They also put out a B14 SP in the states , I think its pretty much the same gun with a blued action.
    Well worth a look at.Cheers.
    Tentman, Matt2308 and Jt89 like this.

I very nearly got one, it ticked all the boxes but I baulked at the lack of removable mag. Yet to decide if that was stupid of me or not...
    "O Great Guru what projectile should I use in my .308?" To which the guru replied, "It doesn't matter."
    -Grandpamac

@McKnotty did you end up getting a b14?

I've just bought one but haven't had the chance to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    @McKnotty did you end up getting a b14?

I've just bought one but haven't had the chance to give it a go.
    Owned mine for 1 year now and LOVE LOVE LOVE it in my 20 years owning/ selling and trading guns never personally owned a 700 of any breed but then Bergara came into the scene and i thought
    might bite the bullet and man so glad i did shot my first sika stag with mine then my second both at less then 40m but hey its cemented the affection toward my berg fell 12 ft of a cliff while
    walking back from a hunt and landed on the gun and no damage what so ever just a broken sling(butler creek crapper) hunted sika for 5/6 weeks straight this roar and no damage what so ever or
    corrosion while wet for days you name it it got spanked and just sat there like is that all ya got big boi. Smooth bolt, great trigger, cerakoted, light enough, great stock in the wet/mud awesome price
    you name it whats not to love oh and i traded my detach mag with a forum members floorplate so i now have a 5shot fixed floorplate instead of factory detach 3shot mag and its not a tikka t3
    Name:  IMG_20210425_110944.jpg
Views: 2547
Size:  7.36 MB
    3 shot 100m group using Sako powerhead 168gr Barnes TTSX
    Name:  IMG_20210405_164652.jpg
Views: 2096
Size:  1.34 MB
    Last edited by Carbine; 18-09-2021 at 09:50 PM.
    Tahr, veitnamcam, Sideshow and 4 others like this.