Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Ftx325
  • 3 Post By Ftx325
  • 1 Post By gundoc
  • 2 Post By GWH
  • 1 Post By Bill999

Thread: Suppressor storage idea

Suppressor storage idea

Just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else wants to do the same sort of thing....
    Being you aren't supposed to leave suppressor on rifle when in the safe I made a cheap , easy storage solution inside the safe so still in easy reach when getting the rifle out.....
    Simply cut up old plastic drain pipe of suitable diameter, in this case for 3 suppressors, drilled 6mm holes in bottom of pipes then poked 6mm threaded rod through the holes, bent ends over 90 degrees, drilled appropriate spaced holes in lining on inside of safe door after removing lining (making sure not to have door steel in the way of holes) and throw a nut and large washer on the rod poking out back of lining and refitted lining to door.
    The rod acts as a rest to stop suppressors falling out the bottom (I used tape to cover threaded section inside pipe suppressor rests on) as well as holding pipes in place. No need for any other mountings as pipes pulled tight against door and rock solid.
    Easy and effective storage solution for inside safe.
    Just be sure to check clearance with suppressor if you have internal lock box or you won't be able to close door if mounted to high or may interfere with rifle stocks if to low.
    Waldo Peens and Kimber 7mm-08 like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Name:  IMG20220707180156.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  3.53 MB

The rod can just be seen poking out the side of tube near bottom before bending and disappearing in to door lining.
    Bagheera, Micky Duck and MB like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Good idea mate. I just stack mine on the shelf the barrels rest on. But If I take more than 2 guns out them roll off. Will have to see if I have room for this

Sent from my SM-G525F using Tapatalk

I only have one rifle I store with the suppressor removed because it is too long for the cabinet. All the rest are stored on the guns. I remove them when I clean the guns after a trip then refit them ready to go again. I clean the suppressors about once a year, more frequently for higher round count. I have been storing them that way for over 50 years without any problems.
    Carbine likes this.

GWH
    Mine just live in a drawer in my reloading bench which is right beside my safe
    mikee and Micky Duck like this.

MB

It’s crazy to hear it’s ok to store them on the rifle if prepped with anything less than cosmoline
    I take mine off as the burnt gun powder attracts moisture and I don’t clean my suppressors
    They just live outside the safe.

My dads rifle had a bad very quick rust problem under the suppressor on his first over barrel that didn’t have an isolating tube(while cleaning the bore as usual) in matter of weeks so I kind of think of them as corrosive and keep them apart for what I thought was common Sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dannyb likes this.