Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DELTA NZ
  • 1 Post By DELTA NZ

Thread: Anyone running the Burris signature hd LRF bins?

Anyone running the Burris signature hd LRF bins?

Hi all, I'm keen to hear anyone's opinion on these who has them or has had them. Not much online.

Cheers

I tested some out today and compared them to other more expensive rf binos. They were surprisingly bright and crisp. What I didn't like was a 2-3 second delay after depressing the range button before it reads out the range. If you can get over that they would be a great buy with their no questions asked warranty. Unfortunately the delay to read the range is enough to put me off.

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....-rf2000-80258/

Bit of a review of the deltas from the same price range later on in this thread. Mine arrive next week and I am really looking forward to it!

Hey mate yeah they are definitely on my radar! I'm just waiting to hear back about the electronics warranty wether its 5 or 10 years as the delta nz website is a bit confusing with their wording. Please let us know your thoughts when they arrive! Cheers

"ELECTRONICS LIMITED 10 - YEAR WARRANTY -
    Delta electronic products, which include rangefinders and other electronic devices, are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for FIVE - years from the date of purchase. If the product is found to be defective, we will repair or replace it free of charge, within that five - year period. Proof of purchase may be required to verify warranty"

Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    I tested some out today and compared them to other more expensive rf binos. They were surprisingly bright and crisp. What I didn't like was a 2-3 second delay after depressing the range button before it reads out the range. If you can get over that they would be a great buy with their no questions asked warranty. Unfortunately the delay to read the range is enough to put me off.
    These have three different ranging modes and I think for one of the modes there is a slight delay when ranging. Do you think this might be what you were seeing?

Possibly mate. I was trying to change modes to make sure it wasn't doing a scan or anything to take that much time but it didn't seem to matter or I failed at changing modes. Again great glass though, on par with the leupolds which are bulky and hideous plus 1k dearer. 2 year electronic warranty on the leupolds is crap.

I downloaded the burris manual.

Sport Mode – displays the range of the closest target in a
    group. This mode has a short delay when ranging.

Maybe that's what it was set to...

10 year on electronics

Cheers for pointing out the mistake on our website.

Bloody beautiful