Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Range finder - Delta RF2000

Range finder - Delta RF2000

Another review if you like of the Delta RF2000 since I couldn't find much on them when I got one.

So far it seems like an awesome little unit, it will range pretty much any surface quick and easily first time out to 1000yards
    Once you get into the 1200-1500y range it is slightly more selective on what it picks up but you can normally still get a range pretty quickly by holding the scanning down and having a couple of goes at it still on most surfaces.
    If you have the right surface though it is still a quick one handed look and I have been able to pick up the same tree line at 1655y every attempt.
    So far the furthest distances I have managed so far are:
    1375y on tussock
    1996y on a house
    2034y on some native bush (slightly past what its max range is meant to be and wont do that on all native bush edge but was repeatable on this particular spot)
    The extreme ranges aren't very repeatable but that's expected. The hardest part about checking its long ranges is finding something far enough away to test it on so that's a pretty good problem to have.

The plastic body is exactly that (non rubberised) but seems strong enough atm, time will tell.
    The buttons and modes are easy to change through and the horizontal calculation (TBR) is easy to turn on or off.

The only Cons to the device and this is pretty picky would be:
    - It does make a noise when ranging (not enough that your hunting mate hears it but it is noticeable to the user)
    - It doesn't have a tripod adapter for those long range guys/target shooting guys
    - When scanning the battery level drops to low (even though its fine and restores to normal after)
    None of these affect/ bother me just things I have noticed so not really much bad I can say about it at this stage.

I haven't verified the longer distances but it was bang on out to 300y so shouldn't be far off further out.
    Hermitage likes this.

That belt clip is pretty cool. I have made an "L" shape adapter that clips on there and to the tripod.
    Mine ranges much faster than most other small rangefinders.

The problem I see is that it 'only' comes with a 5-year warranty and that is excluding the electronics (if the electronics fail you end up with a 6x monocular).
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    The problem I see is that it 'only' comes with a 5-year warranty and that is excluding the electronics (if the electronics fail you end up with a 6x monocular).
    The Leica comparable to these (@ twice the price I might add) only have 2 years
    Even Leica - top end Range Bino (5800$ 3200com) only have 5 years

As does Leupold and Bushnell – 2 years
    Sig has same as these 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    The Leica comparable to these (@ twice the price I might add) only have 2 years
    Even Leica - top end Range Bino (5800$ 3200com) only have 5 years

As does Leupold and Bushnell – 2 years
    Sig has same as these 5 years
    Leica does not have 2 years or 5 years....they have 10 years and 30 years (at least in USA & Canada):

"During the first 10-years, Leica will repair or replace any optical product (binoculars, rangefinder, spotting scope) in the event it is damaged, whatever the reason, at no cost to the customer. Moreover, all optical products include a comprehensive 30-year Manufacturer’s Warranty".

Bushnell does not have a 2-year warranty as you say....they have a 5-year warranty (like Sig Sauer):

"5 years for electro-optics and electronic components (laser rangefinders, red dot sights, reflex sights, speed gun radars, night vision)".

At least you are correct with one of them....Leupold.... as they do have a 2-year warranty like you state BUT that includes the electronics (which Delta does not include).

For some reason, you didn't mention Vortex's Lifetime warranty on their rangefinders, which includes the electronics (you wouldn't be biased towards Delta would you?)

Also, Delta rifle scopes have a poor 10-year warranty....(very) similar spec scopes from other brands also out of LOW Japan come with 30 year to lifetime warranties ie Bushnell Elite Tactical, TRACT- Toric, Athlon Cronus.
    Last edited by Hermitage; 21-02-2022 at 04:34 PM.

@Hermitage

Clearly you don't like Delta or any of their products? Have you been on the NZ Delta website? I saw they advertise Delta scopes with a lifetime warranty. Electronics @ 5 years Thats interesting.
    Last edited by Pew-Pew; 21-02-2022 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    Leica does not have 2 years or 5 years....they have 10 years and 30 years (at least in USA & Canada):

"During the first 10-years, Leica will repair or replace any optical product (binoculars, rangefinder, spotting scope) in the event it is damaged, whatever the reason, at no cost to the customer. Moreover, all optical products include a comprehensive 30-year Manufacturer’s Warranty".

Bushnell does not have a 2-year warranty as you say....they have a 5-year warranty (like Sig Sauer):

"5 years for electro-optics and electronic components (laser rangefinders, red dot sights, reflex sights, speed gun radars, night vision)".

At least you are correct with one of them....Leupold.... as they do have a 2-year warranty like you state BUT that includes the electronics (which Delta does not include).

For some reason, you didn't mention Vortex's Lifetime warranty on their rangefinders, which includes the electronics (you wouldn't be biased towards Delta would you?)

Also, Delta rifle scopes have a poor 10-year warranty....(very) similar spec scopes from other brands also out of LOW Japan come with 30 year to lifetime warranties ie Bushnell Elite Tactical, TRACT- Toric, Athlon Cronus.
    All the data I stated above, is European sourced and just double checked today off the Optics-Trade site
    I thought Leica Rangemasters were 5yrs - but they say 2
    USA on some Thermal brands double the Warranty - maybe they use indemnity insurance or the likes ???

Bias
    No Sir - I sell 20x more Range Leica than Range Delta
    In my experiences Re Optics faults (need Warranty attention)
    All were faulted out of box - New

Quote Originally Posted by Pew-Pew View Post
    @Hermitage

Clearly you don't like Delta or any of their products? Have you been on the NZ Delta website? I saw they advertise Delta scopes with a lifetime warranty. Electronics @ 5 years Thats interesting.
    No I do like most of the Delta Optics range.
    I really like the Chinese-made Delta Javelin 4.5-30x56 for the money it's listed at. It is basically the Athlon Ares ETR rebranded. The Delta Javelin has a few extra features but only a 10yr warranty vs lifetime for the Athlon (but then the Javelin is cheaper).

I personally don't like the Delta Classic or Hornet range with their...I think...5 or 10 year warranties, but then they are entry-level Chinese scopes.

What I don't like about Delta is their short warranty, esp when other LOW factory scopes of near-exact specs/design come with lifetime warranties.

Now if as you suggest, Delta Optics NZ is offering a lifetime warranty on their scopes, as well as 5 years on electronics on their rangefinders, I would be pleasantly (very) surprised.
    But if they are, well they didn't inform their retailers ie ScopeUout nz who have their scopes listed with the standard 10-year warranty (like the rest of the world).

Perhaps most optics sellers like Delta have different warranties for different areas of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    All the data I stated above, is European sourced and just double checked today off the Optics-Trade site
    I thought Leica Rangemasters were 5yrs - but they say 2
    USA on some Thermal brands double the Warranty - maybe they use indemnity insurance or the likes ???

Bias
    No Sir - I sell 20x more Range Leica than Range Delta
    In my experiences Re Optics faults (need Warranty attention)
    All were faulted out of box - New
    Hmm, it does seem like Leica and Delta have different warranties depending on the continent.

The 10 years and 30-year warranty for the Leica Rangemasters are for the USA and Canada...while your 2-year warranty seems to be European.
    If that is the case PERHAPS Delta NZ is offering a lifetime warranty??

Very confusing if it is the case....should be standardized across all NZ retailers, so retailers like ScopeUout have the same warranty terms as the main Delta NZ website.
    And IF there is a lifetime warranty for Delta optics in NZ, then I have absolutely nothing against Delta at all...

Back to an old thread. What setting on the RF2000 is the true ballistic range? Someone must know.

Thanks
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Back to an old thread. What setting on the RF2000 is the true ballistic range? Someone must know.

Thanks
    Found it, if anyone is interested. It's the "H" Horizontal setting. The screen shows the true linear range on the bottom and the adjusted ballistic range at the top.
    This is a great value range finder at $499.
    dannyb likes this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Saving my money for their lrf binos, can't wait
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEARONZ View Post
    Saving my money for their lrf binos, can't wait
    You won't regret it. Remember Sika show is coming up and they had a bit of a discount available online during that time.
    Just don't do what I did on the very first trip with them. They slid off my lap in the Kawekas and landed lens first on a pointy rock. A few scratches in the glass on one lens...can't see them looking through nor does it seem to affect function but I was annoyed nonetheless.
    SPEARONZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Found it, if anyone is interested. It's the "H" Horizontal setting. The screen shows the true linear range on the bottom and the adjusted ballistic range at the top.
    This is a great value range finder at $499.
    No regrets with mine, side by side with a friend with Leica LRF binos are both within a yard or 2
    Tahr likes this.

I’m adding to this thread because as with the original post I had a few questions about Delta optics and I wasn’t satisfied/trust what I read online. I took a gamble and here are some of my thoughts that could help someone in a similar situation.

Delta Titanium LRF binoculars.:

Thanks to advice here I waited and managed to secure a pair with a sika show discount ��

I hunt regularly with both sig3000bdx and leica geovid R but was yet to spend up on a decent set of Lrf binos myself. The glass on the leicas is significantly better than the sigs however I still preferred hunting with the sigs due to their compact shape and awesome rangefinder. I was bloody close to buying my own sigs but my hesitations were the low light glass performance and the fact they have increased in price $1k in the last year or 2. I also found the bdx function wasn’t being used during hunts and all I really want is a TBR readout and a dope chart.

Enter the Deltas.

Name:  IMG_3964.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  1.78 MB

These are more compact than I expected. Same percieved weight as geovids and slightly more compact.

They have decent lens caps which is something I really wanted. Much tidier than putting butler creek caps on a nice optic.

They DO have a mounting socket at the front for tripods. This was a nice surprise as all websites stated they did not have a mount (like swaros and leica etc)

The rangefinder readout has several options. I have it on the TBR mode which gives the line of sight distance followed a second later by the TBR readout. The rangefinder is very quick so you have a shooting solution quick enough.

The geovid rangefinder felt like it belonged in a museum in comparison. The geovids struggled to range anything past 600m this evening while the deltas ranged scrub out to as far as I could see at 1600m
    Last edited by SPEARONZ; 15-11-2023 at 09:26 PM.