Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Range finder - Delta RF2000

Tested in the evening I would have to say that optically I prefer the Deltas over the geovids for several reasons.

The field of view is larger. I don’t think the specs on paper agree with this statement but that is what I can see. L

The picture is like looking at one large round picture where as the Leicas and sigs always felt like I was trying to combine two images no matter how I adjusted them.

Low light capabilities are ever so slightly brighter than the geovids. Honestly tho I would say the glass is comparable for all practical applications. The geovids have blacker blacks which gives a more dramatic feel while the deltas are just a tiny bit brighter overall.

Finally it may just be the fit to my eyes. These are the only binos I have had where I hold them still and explore the whole image in front of me. Even with leicas I would focus only on the centre of the image and have to move the binos around the landscape.

I have hunted with swaro el (non range) and that is the closest I would place the deltas in terms of the lack of eye strain etc. unfortunately the deltas don’t have that intense colour ‘pop’ that non Lrf swaros have.
    Last edited by SPEARONZ; 15-11-2023 at 09:31 PM.
    Billbob and TimC like this.

And last comments. If you are on the fence or in the market at the 2-3k price range then buy these. The only upgrade I will make is eventually go to something like swaro pure 8x42 and a standalone rangefinder but that’s more than double the investment which is years away for me.

Oh and these arca clamps are worth a look at too

Name:  IMG_3965.jpeg
Views: 136
Size:  2.20 MB

https://targetspecies.co.nz/collections/aziak-equipment
    dirkvanvuuren and TimC like this.