Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ar15s, cheapest prices I have seen yet....

Iv had a play with the Wyndham carbon and it apart from needing to be thicker than a normal upper/lower because of the carbon its fine
    I wouldn't go crazy about them but they are fine
    I'd never use enough shots to break a carbon anyway

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyhabit View Post
    COLT
    I am way past paying for a name in search of quality. Ive read enough on Colt to consider them over-priced for a very std quality gun.

Windham for instance is pretty much ex-bushmaster and seems to be well thought of (and bushmaster seems to have a poor rep these days since they were on-sold).
    I went through the forums last night looking at stag arms and it seemed very positive. The NEA15 is well thought of as well, so 3 makers/sellers of AR15s that are good enough for my needs of a 1st AR and around $2k v a colt that's closer to $3k. That saving is not far off a second upper with a good barrel, or a decent optic, or another Enfield. or a 22LR AR15 upper I was leaning to the NEA15 but a std A2 style gun like the Stag would be perfect for what I want.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    Iv had a play with the Wyndham carbon and it apart from needing to be thicker than a normal upper/lower because of the carbon its fine
    I wouldn't go crazy about them but they are fine
    I'd never use enough shots to break a carbon anyway
    Would I be wrong in thinking the Carbon guns were more expensive at one time than the std Ali?

Ive been looking for a bit of time and recently the carbon and ali seem to be the same price and now cheaper. I'd almost suspect that ppl are staying clear of them to such an extent that its collapsing the price.

You are right on the use/durability as well, Im not going to be banging this about and using it constantly, hence a $400 saving on an otherwise mil spec gun is very attractive, that would get me a good enough to start with optic or a good trigger.

PS The few comments ive seen suggests the upper receiver is the risky part to crack but its pretty simple being a lego gun and cheap to get a replacement in from Brownells. Even if the lower broke they are not expensive either, just needing an import permit at worst.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Were more expensive
    Not many people want them for tho minimal gain and shorter lifespan
    I'd say resail would be bad on yhem