Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SiB

Thread: Badlands pack/ gear warrantry

Badlands pack/ gear warrantry

I purchased badlands pack a year or two ago. One of the reasons I decided to purchase was due to the unconditional warranty. The pack itself has started to tear in a few places and I am wondering whether we are able to get these repaired in NZ or does the warranty only apply to the US? I emailed badlands in the US and they were not helpful of where I could get this sorted.
    I was wondering if anyone has had any badlands gear repaired or know who the distributor is so I can get in touch with them?

Cheers

SiB
    I wrote to them a few years ago with some feedback on their gear, and they were very receptive and helpful.

Can I suggest you do the ‘squeaky wheel’ routine and contact them again - perhaps with a couple of pics, so
    E background details of the problem, and a very clear question; ‘please advise how you intend to resolve this’

It may well be you had a less than helpful response - trying again might put it across some else’s desk......

SiB
    *some. Not ‘so E’

Bos
    Had the exact same issue earlier in the year
    Badlands never replied despite several attempts. H and F here said that they would contact Badlands on my behalf but never heard back from them. When I did go back in they said that there was a difference between and "unconditional Guarantee" and an "unconditional Warranty"?????

Bottom line, I bought a Markhor pack on line.

When I did go back in they said that there was a difference between and "unconditional Guarantee" and an "unconditional Warranty"????? /QUOTE]

Yes exactly and if H&F are stocking them they should be able to follow through on the warranty. I cant find anywhere that it states US only with the warranty. Heres what there website says about there unconditional warranty "It simply states We don't care what happened, or whose fault it was, we will fix it for free forever. We could care less if you bought it at a garage sale or a gear swap, as long as it says Badlands, it's covered. All we ask is that you use and abuse your pack as much as possible so we can learn how to make our products even better"

Quote Originally Posted by EFriz View Post
    When I did go back in they said that there was a difference between and "unconditional Guarantee" and an "unconditional Warranty"????? /QUOTE]

Yes exactly and if H&F are stocking them they should be able to follow through on the warranty. I cant find anywhere that it states US only with the warranty. Heres what there website says about there unconditional warranty "It simply states We don't care what happened, or whose fault it was, we will fix it for free forever. We could care less if you bought it at a garage sale or a gear swap, as long as it says Badlands, it's covered. All we ask is that you use and abuse your pack as much as possible so we can learn how to make our products even better"
    The warranty is great. All you need is the agent in Nz here to contact for you or better still where you bought it.
    Im sure HnF is a agent so they sort it, just have to take it there and get them to contact Badlands. Ive got a Badlands pack, its bombproof, very good.

SiB
    I am certain many buyers of badlands gear based their decision at least partly on their “warranty”.

It’s express. (IE not implied or obfuscated).

It’s on the packaging. H&F have made no attempt to clarify, or resile from that warranty on paper, (in regards to how it applies in NZ), therefore I’d be going back to H&F (this time in writing to their corporate management, not just the local franchise), and asking for a full explanation from them of what they will do to remedy what is a failure of the product sold by them, and purchased in good faith of that warranty.

Be the squeaky wheel. Too often retailers pull the smoke and mirrors bullshit trick, when some honest, problem-solving communication would go a long way in their positive corporate image.

My 2c worth
    dannyb and wayno like this.

Under the NZ Consumer Guarantees Act [I think], your contract is with the retailer/shop you bought it from. They are required to put it right! No need for the wholesaler, no need for the importer, no need to go all the way back to the manufacturer. And if they dont put it right, or repair it to satisfaction then they are required to refund your money. But first you have to give them the opportunity to correct the problem, in a timely fashion, not 6 months down the track.
    Sadly it seems you may have purchased it from Cunting and Fisting - good luck getting any decent after sales service.

I broke the plastic rod on my badlands bumbag and emailed them. Got a new one in the mail a week later free of charge.

Cheers for some great advice. I will once again head into the local H&F here in Nelson and try to put the heat on in hope that I am not yet met again with the same uselessness. I find that the badlands packs are great and love mine. Just not the best at withstanding NZ conditions, particularly tops hunting and push bashing to get there.