Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bang for buck night vision.

[QUOTE=Cartman;1283580]I'm in the process of getting together gear to go into pest control and I'm looking for advice on night vision scopes. Right now im looking at the atn xsight 4k the pard 008 or 007 clip on. Pulsar digex , the yukon sight line ect. I will be using a thermal handheld for dection. But after talking to a few pro guys I don't think thermal scopes will be the way I go. And to be frank it's a lot of capital that could be well spent else where. So I'm just after real world experience with what I should be Looking at. Most of my shooting will be bunnies and but larger game will be on the cards too. What I really want is decent clarity and to be able to take animals clearly out to 300 odd yards and having a clear picture for second and third shots. Any way cheers in advance for

I hunt for a living, if you have any questions about any of the gear I use or any questions about getting set up flick me a pm and I’ll help where I can

For night hunting, after much trial, error and $ I have settled on using a top quality helmet-mounted NVG Googles / Monocular (preferred) set-up, together with a mid-range Thermal Scope for the actual shooting.

In my experience the quality (and so usefulness) of NV gear is directly related to price (Gen 2, 3, 4 etc.) However, Thermal gear is different - you DON'T have to pay top $ for a perfectly good thermal image, out to say 300-400 metres.

I only use a hand-held Thermal (FLIR Breach) for day-time hunting. I love spotting a heat signature behind the bush 200 metres away! :