Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bedding tikka

That's the very purpose of the tape. You only want the load transferring surfaced of the lug in contact. Be doubly sure that you have the lug hard up against the front of the slot. When I did my Tikka last year I used exactly the method stug describes.

Anyone ever thought of bedding the Tikka action in without the alloy lug, so as leave a recoil lug made of bedding compound in the stock? Could be done if you relieved the action slot at the top and rear. I guess it's a question of whether the bedding compounds are upto it.

L.R
    i dont think the epoxys would be up to it. Magnums seem to give the alloy lug a hard time.

Just bring this old thread up ,,,,,just had two l/hand T3 boyds stocks turn up ,,,,nice stocks but the inletting is average ,,they have a steel recoil lug fitted so will use that ....will make sure after bedding that there is clearance on the top and rear of the lug once bedded and i guess just make sure when epoxying that the front face of the recoil lug is hard up against the action slot? ,,,,i see on your stock LR youve bedded the barrell area in front of the recoil lug?? bout an inch the go??
    The plastic trigger guard as average as it is will have to suffice at the moment but i do think i'll machine up some aluminium pillar beds at the same time being a timber stock ,,,,anyone done these for a T3?? or any other do/do not's?? cheers
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

Quote Originally Posted by Bushrash View Post
    Just bring this old thread up ,,,,,just had two l/hand T3 boyds stocks turn up ,,,,nice stocks but the inletting is average ,,they have a steel recoil lug fitted so will use that ....will make sure after bedding that there is clearance on the top and rear of the lug once bedded and i guess just make sure when epoxying that the front face of the recoil lug is hard up against the action slot? ,,,,i see on your stock LR youve bedded the barrell area in front of the recoil lug?? bout an inch the go??
    The plastic trigger guard as average as it is will have to suffice at the moment but i do think i'll machine up some aluminium pillar beds at the same time being a timber stock ,,,,anyone done these for a T3?? or any other do/do not's?? cheers
    if you do bed could you please open a new thread and show the whole process? for those of us "mechanically" challenged individuals.
    would be great to see the whole process from start to finish
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JP100 View Post
    if you do bed could you please open a new thread and show the whole process? for those of us "mechanically" challenged individuals.
    thanks
    @JP100 check this out YouTube Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JP100 View Post
    thanks

I was going to use Devcon ,,,,,but may give some of that terminal Ballistics compound a go ,,,,ive heard hes super helpful
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    yea thanks. have looked at Nathans vids before. very good and helpful.
    And hes upgraded his website!!

My mate did mine for me using MatchGrade Bedding Products - Terminal Ballistics Research.
    Was a improvement in the feel, and the gun shot better groups,
    Well worth doing, especially if you got a good mate who can do it for you

Cheers