Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Bend over fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    That's not the case. What has been published regarding Chassis systems would potentially stop them coming in at the import stage, not what is already here.
    Exactly.
    My read was this is a round about way to prevent any firearms being built from imported parts and once the current dealer stocks are gone, forget trying to build by buying locally.
    Plod doesn't like having no idea what we are building at home. I've specifically arranged pick up of parts requiring sighting of license due to the grief of getting a mail order form sorted.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I noticed in this bit at the end,

" Pertains to make; model; barrel length, configuration. Calibres may vary, provided that they are equal to or less than .50 Cal (~.5 inches (12.7 mm) in diameter."

That rules out the 50BMG as it is .510, 10 thou to big, wonder if it was an over sight or not.......
    Looks like the 50cal restriction applies to B-Cat - not mentioned in the A-Cat section, otherwise:
    The bigbore guys wont like that, no more 600Nitro & 700 Nitro - what about shooting slugs in a 12Ga?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik470 View Post
    Looks like the 50cal restriction applies to B-Cat - not mentioned in the A-Cat section, otherwise:
    The bigbore guys wont like that, no more 600Nitro & 700 Nitro - what about shooting slugs in a 12Ga?
    As usual the very thin edge of the wedge....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    As usual the very thin edge of the wedge....
    Agreed - Whats the point of limiting cat b to .50 cal in anycase? Did we have any service station holdups with Howdah pistols in the last 100years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Interesting, I've never seen a reference to the tune of a "classification of a firearm that is approved by the police for a blah blah purpose" referring to the point about the approved A cat list. Makes an interesting point about the chassis systems when the manufacturer is using them and you can't import one. It really does seem to me that the Police Arms team have lost their grip on the current reality regarding sporting firearms.
    How would the Ruger Precision fare?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik470 View Post
    Agreed - Whats the point of limiting cat b to .50 cal in anycase? Did we have any service station holdups with Howdah pistols in the last 100years?
    How many matches are there for pistols over .50cal?

Well guys, I hate to say it but it seems the NZ police have been speaking with the Canadian federal police - a lot of this is exactly what the RCMP have done over the last 15 years, and I mean exactly. They choke off sources supply, then start to restrict individual sections with vague and broad prohibitions that end up affecting guns that somehow weren't the ones listed in the targets of the original policy shift, yet are fully targeted when they get the opportunity.

Only upside is that by looking at what has happened and is happening in Canada, you will know their playbook and can preempt their activities. It will take considerable cooperation and focus withing the gun community though.
    josh86, timattalon and gonetropo like this.