Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Binoculars Advice

As it happens Micky duck I was looking through zeiss tonight good glass heavier than my minox.
    There is seeing game and spotting game, tentman+ has a fantastic pair of leica binoculars.
    The glassware is what I would call spotting game, from seeing game.! On a few trips it's his binos that spot before everyone else and the others keep searching even after the direction is given. The only reason this is, is the glassware makes the contrast between the vegetation and the game stands out clearly.
    I no that these binoculars aren't in everyone's price range, but I would suggest that you buy the best you can afford.
    If you are going to spend time searching for game,! tentman+ gave me a lend of a pair of minox HDs, I think they were for a trip as a Bench mark, a starting point. I was happy with them and this gave me the stepping stone to by a pair.
    But they aren't leicas, tentman has been with me on a lot of occasions, even spotting when the scope has very little use right on dark, all I am pointing out is that good glass matters at the end of a day.
    My two cents worth.
    KH
    BRADS, Micky Duck and dannyb like this.
    The Voice of Reason, Come let us Reason together...

Check out the “good deals on TradeMe “ thread on here. I posted a link to some very nice Kahles 10x42s that would be worth considering. Current bid is around $630
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Good old bino chat, ya can't beat it.

Really it depends on how long ya peering through em for, a few minutes or hours & whether it's getting into low light, I personally can't be fucked shooting shit at the end of the day when it's getting dark, thats around the camp fire having a beer time.

Love my Swaro EL's, but then I also love my pair of truck binos, they are a pair of Weaver GlandSlams - these things are friggen awesome for the iirc $2 - 300 I paid second hand for.

I've had a couple of pairs of Minox & they weren't bad, the first pair of Chinese made ones fogged up Tahr hunting & got replaced with German made jobbies, they were a nice pair & good glass for 1k value.
    Oh bless the internet, it gave every fuk tard & idiot a voice

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    was the test as dusk Danny as the light was fading out to dark or just during the day ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Danny's account wasnt fully complete about the bino test. He failed to mention that as well as the spiker we glassed and compared binos on a group of hinds at 1130 metres on a dark face as well as assorted others from 600 to 900mtrs till light failure.
    There were no deer visible with the EL's up till failure of light that were not equally as visible with the Monarchs. That is using the Monarchs does not put the user at any disadvantage against the swaros. We did not check field of view width
    Micky Duck and dannyb like this.

The Nikon Monarchs have had good write ups by the yanks.
    Have yet to have a look through a set.
    Interesting the comments on here.
    Had a brief look/comparison between my Bushnell Legends and some Swarovski's but didn't note the model.
    The Swarovski's were better but not sure on the dollar difference being in it for me.
    Have a set of Nikon Travelites that fit in the pocket and they are pretty handy and for me and my eyes very clear.

If you are considering range finding binoculars i have a set of bushnell fusions (wife's but she's not using them as we have a young family now) I've been contemplating moving on
    Will be in dunedin next weekend alert levels permitting if you wanted to have a look

I picked up a second hand pair of zeiss conquest HD 10x42 off here a while back for around the $900 mark. Very happy with the performance. Last deer I shot was a spot and stalk from about 1.2km away. Conditions were not great either, was earlier morning and overcast. On a different trip I was also able to spot Tahr as well as the guys I was hunting with, and they had more top end binos.

Leica 10x25 ultravids - awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by distant stalker View Post
    If you are considering range finding binoculars i have a set of bushnell fusions (wife's but she's not using them as we have a young family now) I've been contemplating moving on
    Will be in dunedin next weekend alert levels permitting if you wanted to have a look
    Cheers mate for the offer but I have a really good range finder so just looking for a good set of binos now

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk