Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Boyd Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Anything DED gets hold of exclusively results in excessive profit taking...
    F you pricks , Will someone get thier shit right before they start making accusations , Deadeyes is NOT the Boyds agent , NEVER said we were , We have got a US export licence for them along with other brands . Get ya facts straight before sticking this shit up

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    No paperwork required for a stock.
    Your wrong , ALL gun parts leaving the states require an export licence , There are many companies who will to risk it but these are getting fewer and fewer as US customs and the state dept find them and crack down , Every one has a 'mate' who is willing to export for them , How willing are you to take the wrap when he gets caught .

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    No paperwork required for a stock.
    Quote from US State Dept during recent troubles with stock exports

A rifle stock is a component of a firearm and therefore, Category I (h) on the US Munitions List. An export license from DDTC is required. I am frankly amazed that the folks at McMillan would not be aware of the requirement.

Stephen M. Geis
    DDTC Response Team
    Contractor, XL

McMillan would probably know as well as anyone else, they probably couldn't be fucked with the paper work. Last I checked B&C were no go for export - no longer registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    McMillan would probably know as well as anyone else, they probably couldn't be fucked with the paper work. Last I checked B&C were no go for export - no longer registered.
    After having troubles with the US Customs and State Dept cracking down on exports of Firearms parts ( This involved many companies like B&C , McMillan , PTG etc ) last year we could see the writing on the wall and organised export licences for many brands including some we dont currently do like Boyds and Manners , This by no means make us an agent we are just able to export them from the states legally. This all comes at a cost as no one does shit for free .

Quote Originally Posted by Looseunit View Post
    F you pricks , Will someone get thier shit right before they start making accusations , Deadeyes is NOT the Boyds agent , NEVER said we were , We have got a US export licence for them along with other brands . Get ya facts straight before sticking this shit up
    Abusing people on a public forum is no way to win customers, even if they are wrong. You obviously have a PR problem somewhere along the line if stuff like this crops up. How about addressing it in a polite constructive manner ?
    mayfly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Abusing people on a public forum is no way to win customers, even if they are wrong. You obviously have a PR problem somewhere along the line if stuff like this crops up. How about addressing it in a polite constructive manner ?
    Mr Wildman , I stay out of most of the bullshit flinging that goes on here about us as i cant be bothered with laptop experts , But sometimes you can only take so much .

Mr Wildman , I stay out of most of the bullshit flinging that goes on here about us as i cant be bothered with laptop experts , But sometimes you can only take so much .
    Fair enough mate but you gotta remember this is a public forum with over 2.5K of members and if you do something that makes you look bad there are a lot of people out there to see it. I only say this to try and help.

Awesome customer relation skills right there
    tui_man2, Uplandstalker and mayfly like this.

your right Wildman , this is a public forum , and when these so called experts start posted unfounded bullshit on here about a legitamate company resulting in other members getting poor information it pisses me off . If they bothered to ask the question before they start posting that crap i could have given them a pretty good idea on what is going on with imports and exports as this is a big part of our bussiness and have a pretty good take on whats going on . They started flinging shit first dont expect me to sit here and take it . These forums used to be good for exchanging ideas , info , knowlege etc , now they have just turned into shit slinging matches , thats why i dont bother getting involved with most discussions.

One thousand apologies Looseunit! I was told by a credible source (ie. someone quite well regarded in the firearm industry) that they could not get me a Boyds in as DED was the agent now.
    Having said that, just saying "nah mate, we aren't" probably would have sufficed
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

You must be Jason. I believe we have spoken on the phone...
    mayfly likes this.
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    One thousand apologies Looseunit! I was told by a credible source (ie. someone quite well regarded in the firearm industry) that they could not get me a Boyds in as DED was the agent now.
    Having said that, just saying "nah mate, we aren't" probably would have sufficed
    Thanks Spud , Nah mate we aren't , but if Dean cant help with his shippment thats coming i could organise one when we do decide to bring in stock.

Thanks Spud , Nah mate we aren't , but if Dean cant help with his shippment thats coming i could organise one when we do decide to bring in stock.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Out of interest, what would getting in a Nutmeg laminate Prairie Hunter for a Howa 1500 SA with a Pachmayr recoil pad set me back? Would be really keen if you can get them at a decent price.