Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Brand new 2 bore rifle

Brand new 2 bore rifle

Along the lines of the 700 NE, we have another dangerous game rifle not for the faint hearted.
    The term bloody hell comes to mind

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editori...YaRb1oJxWFkPjc
    Brian, Grey Kiwi and Woody like this.

The blurb says it all: "Giles has noticed with amusement that the average order for shells with a gun order is 30 cartridges, and there have been no orders for more shells."
    MB likes this.

at that price point you would just about have to be a reloader ...should be good for wallabies...or ducks with a charge of #4 shot.
    7mm Rem Mag and MCCPRO like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    at that price point you would just about have to be a reloader ...should be good for wallabies...or ducks with a charge of #4 shot.
    or Micky Duck you could mount it on ya quad and use if for reverse when fired backwoods
    veitnamcam, kotuku and XR500 like this.

AR7
    A great read Thanks Mate so this is for those possums that hide in the tree somewhere .. just takes out the tree and all
    Micky Duck likes this.

I would love to watch someone fire a shot with that thing, no way I would entertain the idea as I might develope a flinch.
    Bol Tackshin and Finnwolf like this.
    When hunting think safety first

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    I would love to watch someone fire a shot with that thing, no way I would entertain the idea as I might develope a flinch.
    a string bean like yourself would possibly change postal codes upon pulling trigger
    6x47, Bol Tackshin and 7mm Rem Mag like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Holy crap.
    "It is capable of firing loads with heavy enough recoil to kill the shooter. That’s why the standard load is kept where it is. It’s worth noting that no one but 6' 5" Giles, the giant Scot, and the purchasers of the guns have ever been willing to fire it more than once. Giles doesn’t stand behind people firing it to catch them, if need be, for nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    or Micky Duck you could mount it on ya quad and use if for reverse when fired backwoods
    the thought appeals to my warped sense of humour-Id square away arse up creek!

Quote Originally Posted by AR7 View Post
    A great read Thanks Mate so this is for those possums that hide in the tree somewhere .. just takes out the tree and all
    nonono you are supposed to say its instantaneous green composting over a couple of grid squares.Mr Duck is very skilled at it !

I liked the statement further down that goes

"The 2 bore would need a 1.325" bore diameter for a half-pound round ball, but that makes for a barrel of about 30 pounds, according to length, so conical bullets are used and the bore diameter is 1.052", which is actually true 4 bore size. Confused yet? Of course, this also lets you shoot true 4 bore round balls as a light load in the 2 bore if you want. That’s the first time a 4 bore, which has 300 foot pounds of recoil in a standard 4 bore rifle, has ever been called a light load."

Or "Sea captains should note that a smooth-bore 2 bore will also handle a mammoth load of buckshot capable of sweeping the deck clean of Somali pirates, assuming you did not sink their craft with 2 bore slugs before they got that far."...
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Greetings All,
    That would be a conversation stopper at any hunting club show and tell night. I have seen a 4 bore fired but it was a smooth bore mounted on a wooden frame and with a wheel at each corner. The charge was a light one as well. Should you pull the shot and merely wound your quarry you could club it to death with a loaded round. A good next read after posts on shooting deer with a .223. I am prone to episodes of singleshotitis. This is where I read something about a single shot rifle which sets of a train of thought which culminates in the familiar "I would like one of those". The latest episode was set off by @akaroa1 posting about his 30-40 Krag single shot. Next minute I am on the Chiappa website thinking that I would really like one of their small Sharps single shots in .30-30. Such episodes usually finish with me telling myself that I need another rifle like a fish needs a bicycle and I return to what passes for normal in my case. For some reason this didn't happen with the 2 bore.
    Regards Grandpamac.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpamac View Post
    Greetings All,
    That would be a conversation stopper at any hunting club show and tell night. I have seen a 4 bore fired but it was a smooth bore mounted on a wooden frame and with a wheel at each corner. The charge was a light one as well. Should you pull the shot and merely wound your quarry you could club it to death with a loaded round. A good next read after posts on shooting deer with a .223. I am prone to episodes of singleshotitis. This is where I read something about a single shot rifle which sets of a train of thought which culminates in the familiar "I would like one of those". The latest episode was set off by @akaroa1 posting about his 30-40 Krag single shot. Next minute I am on the Chiappa website thinking that I would really like one of their small Sharps single shots in .30-30. Such episodes usually finish with me telling myself that I need another rifle like a fish needs a bicycle and I return to what passes for normal in my case. For some reason this didn't happen with the 2 bore.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Yeh I stayed away from this post until grandpamac name checked me into it
    And I still haven't looked at the link

Having dislocated both of my shoulders in a fall I will class myself as not having a soft shoulder, but having a shoulder that is very communicative when it's limit is exceeded.
    577 nitro is about where that limit currently stands for me
    Over time I expect that limit to roll back.
    grandpamac likes this.
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

Well when it says he will do a smoothbore and make harpoon for it for sea creatures you are at next level
    Micky Duck likes this.

One thing it has got in its favour is a beautiful stock
    Micky Duck likes this.
    When hunting think safety first