Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Burris Signature HD 3-15's first day out.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 /08 IMP View Post
    Hi Tahr can you through your Delta into your next test.

Cheers

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    Yes I can - I didn't this time because it has the advantage of a 50mm objective. I wanted to do like with like.
    25 /08 IMP and Nathanfish like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Yes I can - I didn't this time because it has the advantage of a 50mm objective. I wanted to do like with like.
    And the 50 mm Minox please.

You better take Craig with you so you can compare his vx5 as well

Sounds like a nice scope for the price, what do they retail for here in NZ and how do they compare with overseas prices?

Banned
    @Moa Hunter

So I just did a 6pm test. On the front verandah looking into bush at 300 yards. Target was a whiteish cabbage tree trunk and its darker bushy top.

Scopes were a Zeiss HD5, Swarvo Z5, Tract Toric and the Burris HD. All 42 or 44mm objective lenses. I tested all of them on 5 power.

The first to lose shooting type definition of the cabbage tree head was the Burris at 5.50pm. Then the Tract and Zeiss at 6pm and the Swarvo 6.05.

At 6.10 I couldn't see the trunk through the Burris well enough to shoot (just a slight smudge - but not shootable). I could see the trunk only just good enough to shoot at 6.10 with the Zeiss and the Tract.
    At 6.10 the Swarvo was still strong on the trunk and quite shootable.

The Swarvo has always suited my eyes well, and seems to be strong on picking up light colour shades like the cabbage tree trunk. The difference in the shooting window between the Swarvo and Burris was 20 minutes. The Zeiss and Tract fell in between. The margin between the Burris, Tract and Zeiss was quite small but still noticeable.

I didn't use my Tract 8x42 binos as well, but I know from experience that they and the Tract 'scope are near enough comparable in regards to shooting light - with a slight edge to the binos.

Overall I'm happy with the Burris - in a real hunting situation with all the variables chucked in I doubt the margin between the scopes I tested would be so great.

I will do the same test between the VX6 and the Burris too - but it will be in a few days 'cos I have hunting to do.
    Thank you for the report. I have a Z5 too and it is good, and a good reference point. I look forward to the comparison with the other scopes, cheers !

At 1199 for the 3-15 its nearly 800 less than a vx5 and the vx5 isnt 800 better .

The next test will be against a GPO Passion 4-12, Leupy vx6 2-12, Swarvo 2.5-12 (50 mm) and Delta 4-24 (50mm).

And then that's all my 'scopes (only 8 )

Keen to hear how it goes against the GPO.
    Tahr likes this.

Banned
    The next test will be against a GPO Passion 4-12, Leupy vx6 2-12, Swarvo 2.5-12 (50 mm) and Delta 4-24 (50mm).

And then that's all my 'scopes (only 8 )
    I like the look of the E3 reticle with illumination. But illumination doesnt help if the target cant be seen. Perhaps 300yrds is a bit far for very last light and a test at 60 to 100 yrds would be useful too.
    Tahr likes this.

Could make me a fan of Burris again after a long hiatus.
    Tahr likes this.

Does anyone know if burris do a custom turret like leopold.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

They do a " paint it yourself" one :-)
    https://www.burrisoptics.com/accessories/race-dial

Here are some 2020 models that I could get by mid month

Burris Four Xe 2.5-10x50 3P#4 2020 model
    SKU 200503
    $775

Burris Four Xe 3-12x56 3P#4 2020 model
    SKU 200504c
    $855

Burris Four Xe 6-24x56 E3 MOA 2020 Model
    SKU 200505c
    $955

Burris RT-6 1-6x24 3P#4
    SKU 200472c
    $685
    nor-west and Micky Duck like this.

Be very keen to see how it stacks up against the delta titanium as i just bought one based on the review that @thar did on his one. Be a bit dark if the burris at 700 bucks is as good on last light. The suspense waiting for the next installment is killing me....
    Tahr and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfern View Post
    Be very keen to see how it stacks up against the delta titanium as i just bought one based on the review that @thar did on his one. Be a bit dark if the burris at 700 bucks is as good on last light. The suspense waiting for the next installment is killing me....
    @Blackfern Might be a few days 'cos Im taking my Grandson out for an overnighter tomorrow.
    But the Delta Titanium is damn good glass. I shot a stag at 5.45pm last night and it was great. 4-24 'scope and I wound it up until things looked right. I looked at the power ring after the 184 yard shot and it was on 16 power which was pretty good for that time in the evening.
    25 /08 IMP and Moa Hunter like this.