Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Calibre / Velocity / Projectile vs Meat Wastage

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlang View Post
    When u need meat and your in the bush not in a open paddock sometimes all u can see is a shoulder, part of a head or arse. Shoot my fair share in the head and neck so don’t go calling me out when u don’t no. And by the way that bullet exited so I’d suggest don’t accusing people of poor marksmanship when u don’t no the reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't call you out, actually I commend you for posting the photo, (which is not an ideal result) that can then be discussed. I asked the question of why a shoulder shot and you have given a valid answer. The topic is meat wastage so posting a photo invites critical comments.
    In another post I said that I consider advocating for shoulder shots is unethical because of the meat wastage. What is your opinion on that ?

its OK guys I believe I may have worked out where the confusion /controversial opinions are coming from...
    If I was hunting animal with long skinny neck that is easy to see,that lived out in open grasslands and moved slowly....that DIDNT have shoulder as such to speak of and whos main source of mobility and the locomotive bones to drive these were buried inside giant drumsticks....yeah I think I too would be neck shooting....
    @Nwke great post ,great post indeed,your 404 bit reminds me of why fellas are hooked on .45/70,big hole you can pretty much eat right up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    If I was hunting animal with long skinny neck that is easy to see,that lived out in open grasslands and moved slowly....that DIDNT have shoulder as such to speak of and whos main source of mobility and the locomotive bones to drive these were buried inside giant drumsticks....yeah I think I too would be neck shooting....
    You got Moa or Ostrich wandering around down your way Micky ?
    Trout and Micky Duck like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work