Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: A-Cat semi-auto mag capacity

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Section 32.1.A of the arms act has some reference to restricted weapons (pistols and MSSAs) being inoperable by removal of vital part.
    I have trigger locks or cables through the receiver on my MSSAs.
    AR15 BCGs/bolts/firing pins are dime a dozen these days, so removing it to dissuade theft is f**king pointless, more so to reduce likely hood of immediate non permitted use.
    Pistols and MSSAs aren't Restricted Weapons.

restricted weapon means any weapon, whether a firearm or not, declared by the Governor-General, by Order in Council made under section 4, to be a restricted weapon
    Source: Arms Act 1983

Restricted Weapons are specified in the Arms (Restricted Weapons and Specially Dangerous Airguns) Order 1984
    Weapons declared restricted weapons
    1 Anti-tank projectors, and ammunition therefor.

2 Grenade dischargers, grenade launchers, and grenades containing explosives.

3 Incendiary grenades; including the type commonly known as a Molotov cocktail and consisting of—

(a)a container or containers, the only or principal contents of which is an inflammable liquid or mixture; and
    (b)a means of ignition of the inflammable substance or mixture, whether that means is a wick, an explosive or other device, a fuse, or a chemical.

4 Machine carbines or guns, submachine carbines or guns, and machine pistols of any kind, including those operated by gas or compressed air.

4A Firearms and airguns that are capable of full automatic fire, excluding airguns that are designed for use in airsoft or paintball sports and are in the same configuration as when they were manufactured.

5 Mines of an explosive nature, of any kind whatsoever.

6 Mortars of military kinds, and ammunition therefor.

7 Rocket launchers and ammunition therefor.

8 Every firearm, weapon, and device designed for the purpose of discharging any lachrymatory, deleterious, or toxic gas, smoke, or other stupefying or overpowering thing capable of rendering any person either wholly or partially incapable of resistance (other than any device designed and intended solely for any medical, surgical, veterinary, scientific, agricultural, industrial, or other similar lawful purpose).

9 Any gas, substance, material, or thing specially intended or adapted for use in conjunction with any firearm, weapon, or device specified in clause 8.

P G Millen,
    Clerk of the Executive Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I thought that section only applied to storage? I've never seen anything in the act about transportation. Road laws cover not having a loaded mag I'm a vehicle.
    I always make sure the firearms are not visible from outside. I wont lie if asked, but wont mention it either if they dont ask. Discretion is a helpful tool. (It stops the tools asking....)

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    Pistols and MSSAs aren't Restricted Weapons.

restricted weapon means any weapon, whether a firearm or not, declared by the Governor-General, by Order in Council made under section 4, to be a restricted weapon
    Source: Arms Act 1983

Restricted Weapons are specified in the Arms (Restricted Weapons and Specially Dangerous Airguns) Order 1984
    Weapons declared restricted weapons
    1 Anti-tank projectors, and ammunition therefor.

2 Grenade dischargers, grenade launchers, and grenades containing explosives.

3 Incendiary grenades; including the type commonly known as a Molotov cocktail and consisting of—

(a)a container or containers, the only or principal contents of which is an inflammable liquid or mixture; and
    (b)a means of ignition of the inflammable substance or mixture, whether that means is a wick, an explosive or other device, a fuse, or a chemical.

4 Machine carbines or guns, submachine carbines or guns, and machine pistols of any kind, including those operated by gas or compressed air.

4A Firearms and airguns that are capable of full automatic fire, excluding airguns that are designed for use in airsoft or paintball sports and are in the same configuration as when they were manufactured.

5 Mines of an explosive nature, of any kind whatsoever.

6 Mortars of military kinds, and ammunition therefor.

7 Rocket launchers and ammunition therefor.

8 Every firearm, weapon, and device designed for the purpose of discharging any lachrymatory, deleterious, or toxic gas, smoke, or other stupefying or overpowering thing capable of rendering any person either wholly or partially incapable of resistance (other than any device designed and intended solely for any medical, surgical, veterinary, scientific, agricultural, industrial, or other similar lawful purpose).

9 Any gas, substance, material, or thing specially intended or adapted for use in conjunction with any firearm, weapon, or device specified in clause 8.

P G Millen,
    Clerk of the Executive Council.
    Yeah, that would make sense, as I couldn't for the life of me figure out why a MSSA would be kept inoperable.
    Its the wording of 32 which refers to the endorsements in 30 (including MSSAs) which put me off track.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Always wonder about the loaded mag, allowed ammo rolling round the floor getting jammed in door hinges but not safely in a mag... Ok its easier to load up and fire but still
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Here's a piece of advice, if you have a reasonable excuse/reason then tell the cop. No point in making them guess/assume what your reason might be and it will make it a lot easier on yourself. They're not the enemy if you've done nothing wrong.
    I would like to agree with you Savage1 but unfortunately sometimes Cops do act like the enemy (especially PHQ Wellington note other threads). This is a good example, for crying out loud the guy had a license.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Isn't there an online form? Pretty sure that's how I did it last time.
    You mean a form you print off and send in or take in? I think so. Haven't heard of an online one that you can send in via a webform, not saying there isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    You mean a form you print off and send in or take in? I think so. Haven't heard of an online one that you can send in via a webform, not saying there isn't one.
    It used to be directly on the Police NZ Website, some of their links still take you to the now broken link. The change of address for firearms licence link on the home page will take you to the new online system which is integrated into the Connect Me system.