Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Classy lightweight takedown

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    I've got a Baikal, had a H&R "Handi" Rifle, and a TC Encore. The Handi is OK but fairly "un-refined" would be as kind as I'd describe it (the Rossi is worse). The TC Enchore is OK but dammed heavy, and the stock is a very acquired taste - they and the Contender look pretty odd as a rifle to my eye.

My 243 Baikal has been with a gunsmith for a year now, he was supposed to be figuring out how to redo the scope mount in a nice integrated way - but its obviously beaten him - I'll have to go claim it back! The Baikal is very functional but again - pretty crude with too much bulk in places - it needs to go on a diet, although the overall weight isn't too bad.

One day when I get rich I'm going to have a go at TC Contender, but modify the rear stockbolt angle so it can take a more conventionally shaped stock - this isn't a simple project due to the design of the action but . . . . the result if achieved would be light, handy, accurate and have a superb trigger.
    a single piece airgun mount suits the bakails and wont move...job done..
    timattalon likes this.