Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Element Optics 2-16×50 SFP HDLR review

Danny, Was surprised on the weight, given a 30 mm tube on a VX-5 44 mm is 650 ish grams. Thought it would be in same area.

Outside of NZ a secondhand nxs will set you back 12-1600$. The newElement will be similar to NZ pricing for me so not the polarity you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Danny, Was surprised on the weight, given a 30 mm tube on a VX-5 44 mm is 650 ish grams. Thought it would be in same area.

Outside of NZ a secondhand nxs will set you back 12-1600$. The new Element will be similar to NZ pricing for me so not the polarity you see.
    what's 100g between friends again the Vx5 is 2x the price of a HDLR here in NZ.
    however in your situation I would definately go with the alpha glass for the same money that's a given
    #DANNYCENT

Bloody good review. Thanks for taking the time to do the review. I will wait with anticipation for your update re the tracking test and any more thoughts you have. Cheers again for the effort.
    Shane
    nor-west likes this.
    " 60% of the time it works. 80% of the time it doesn't. " BRIAN FM

Quote Originally Posted by sjjs View Post
    Bloody good review. Thanks for taking the time to do the review. I will wait with anticipation for your update re the tracking test and any more thoughts you have. Cheers again for the effort.
    Shane
    hoping to get to the range to do a tracking test after I get back from holiday, will update then
    sjjs and mat_99 like this.
    #DANNYCENT

I've never track tested my Element but I have verified it at lots of different ranges and it's always worked. No need to post the pic again, but I dialled in the 2.5 moa required and head shot a fallow at 315 yds sitting and off my pack. Ive dialled it on hundreds of wallaby out to about 400 odd yards and get a high percentage of hits. The wind is the biggest enemy. The scope is excellent.

One thing about Element scopes seems to be that the internals are similar and robust right across the price range. It's the quality of the glass that gets better as you pay more. Glass quality on them doesn't matter so much if you are using 16 power and under on the entry models, but mine at 24 pwr can get a bit fuzzy if the air isn't perfect. But who cares, I just dial it back a bit in the circumstances. Repeating myself - but it's currently on Craigs 300RUM, so they are sturdy. Mine (Craig's? - who knows when you have kids ) is one of these https://www.elementoptics.nz/product...x-6-24x50-sfp/

Elements approach seems quite different to Leupold and Vortex who seem to start their scope range at shitty glass and shitty internals and then get less shitty as you pay more. You have to pay a shitload to get past shitty. Not so with Element.
    Last edited by Tahr; 07-01-2024 at 02:45 PM.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post

Outside of NZ a secondhand nxs will set you back 12-1600$. The newElement will be similar to NZ pricing for me so not the polarity you see.
    28-30oz is pretty normal now days, as manufacturers push up the erector ratio and features the scope weigh goes up.

Cheers for the review @dannyb, have just ordered one for myself, looking forward to trying it out this weekend!
    Tahr and dannyb like this.