Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Exactly how illegal is it to shoot C-Cat guns?

I know of one particular case where a C Category Firearm was used, resulting in injury to the person firing it ( not the registered owner).
    IIRC the operator may have lost his licence, but didn't go to jail. The whole thing was kept very quiet.

The thing about what Kiwited did, was he didn't just go out on a boat to shoot one, he went out into international waters to do it. Technically he was only in breach of import/export laws, as he wasn't in NZ when he did it. Still silly.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Fuck me. It was a hypothetical question. I assume to start a hypothetical conversation. Why does everything get pulled to bits on here?

Yeah other people and anti gun types probably read this forum....so what?
    Fuck them if all they are looking to do is point fingers. They must have a miserable existence in the first place in order to look for fault on forums such as these anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It was a shit question, regardless if hypothetical or not.

By the way, hypothetically speaking if I came across a kilo of meth how much would it be worth and where would be the best plave to sell it? What trouble would I get in if I were caught?

Asking for a mate, cheers.
    199p and Shamus like this.

I don’t think there’s any doubt on the legalities of meth amongst the general populace. Plenty wouldn’t be to sure about c cat licenses.
    Some of you fuckers are precious beyond belief. This forum is for all of us not just the few censors. If you don’t like a thread don’t read it. Like frigging teenage girls some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    It was a shit question, regardless if hypothetical or not.
    Clean your panties out bud, hypotheticals don't hurt anyone.

Follow up question that is more of a discussion starter than a hypothetical: shooting B-Cat pistols at a home range? I never got this, you have at least six months of experience and training yet it is stilll only "safe" for you to shoot at a pistol club? Why? Why is plinking a few rounds at a home range with your pistol illegal?

Proceed to discuss and shit panties.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    I don’t think there’s any doubt on the legalities of meth amongst the general populace. Plenty wouldn’t be to sure about c cat licenses.
    Some of you fuckers are precious beyond belief. This forum is for all of us not just the few censors. If you don’t like a thread don’t read it. Like frigging teenage girls some of you.
    Amen to that, it’s laughable seeing how many people are offended by a fucking simple question
    outlander likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The thing about what Kiwited did, was he didn't just go out on a boat to shoot one, he went out into international waters to do it. Technically he was only in breach of import/export laws, as he wasn't in NZ when he did it. Still silly.

Technically he was not in breach of "import/export" laws either. Just saying.
    Ryan and outlander like this.

Banned
    He doesn't even have a C endorsement. Why don't people read posts before they get all self righteous?

If you were allowed to blast away with C cats, the price of them would likely quadruple. People with tons of money would be tripping over themselves to get machine guns, and you would end up with a situation like the USA where a transferable M16 lower costs tens of thousands of dollars.
    Maca49, 40mm and outlander like this.

There is a way of doing this without getting in any trouble. Dress yourself in licra , preferably with a number on your back and shoot while riding a cycle. You can't get done dic on a cycle, you can race on public roads and you don't have to obey any road rules so I can't see why you'll get in any trouble firing a C cat as everything else seems to be aloud. But for gods sake where a helmet because that is mandatory and you would get in trouble if caught! If your'e a crap shot then I'd suggest a trike but if your'e a bit of a good shot maybe a uni cycle would be more challenging? Either way make sure you piss off any other road users that happen by to avoid drawing unwanted attention to yourself. On no account give any indication or keep left out of peoples way. Pairing up helps in blocking lanes and pissing motorists off so buddy up and have fun
    veitnamcam, mikee, Maca49 and 5 others like this.

The op asked a question. People answered it. Very simple.
    outlander likes this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    If you were allowed to blast away with C cats, the price of them would likely quadruple. People with tons of money would be tripping over themselves to get machine guns, and you would end up with a situation like the USA where a transferable M16 lower costs tens of thousands of dollars.
    I don't see the problem with that tbh. As far as I know none of the US's numerous mass shootings have been comitted with select fire guns because it's only middle aged financially successful types who can afford them. We don't have the lack of mental health care the US does so we don't have mass school shootings, and I can't imagine our local gang bangeres would be forking out 30k for a full auto AK when they can have an SKS for $500 or a sawn off shotty for $100.

If we continued down the line of the philosophy we already have with firearms (vetting, licensing, interviews, safe storage, etc) I think we could safely be allowed full autos. Make it a subcategory to E-Cat, once you have E-Cat you can apply for select fire category with an even beefier safe (or maybe the requirement that it's kept at a gun club?) and get a mandatory mental evaluation from a shrink, a couple of interviews with cops, your family thoroughly interviewed and vetted, etc etc.
    outlander and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuce View Post
    I don't see the problem with that tbh. As far as I know none of the US's numerous mass shootings have been comitted with select fire guns because it's only middle aged financially successful types who can afford them. We don't have the lack of mental health care the US does so we don't have mass school shootings, and I can't imagine our local gang bangeres would be forking out 30k for a full auto AK when they can have an SKS for $500 or a sawn off shotty for $100.

If we continued down the line of the philosophy we already have with firearms (vetting, licensing, interviews, safe storage, etc) I think we could safely be allowed full autos. Make it a subcategory to E-Cat, once you have E-Cat you can apply for select fire category with an even beefier safe (or maybe the requirement that it's kept at a gun club?) and get a mandatory mental evaluation from a shrink, a couple of interviews with cops, your family thoroughly interviewed and vetted, etc etc.
    We're already safely allowed full autos. We just need to get of the irrational condition preventing us from using them.
    res, Steve123, outlander and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Fffuuuccckkk No you cannot shoot them, Beavis has it sorted!!! Money cures everything DONE
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Trip to Vegas be cheaper the first couple of meetings with your lawyers - then you can order like McDonalds at a shooting range - Super Size me a M2 50cal