Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Exactly how illegal is it to shoot C-Cat guns?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuce View Post
    Clean your panties out bud, hypotheticals don't hurt anyone.

Follow up question that is more of a discussion starter than a hypothetical: shooting B-Cat pistols at a home range? I never got this, you have at least six months of experience and training yet it is stilll only "safe" for you to shoot at a pistol club? Why? Why is plinking a few rounds at a home range with your pistol illegal?

Proceed to discuss and shit panties.

Ranges have to be certifed as safe by pistol nz for it to be legal .

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    Does that mean you can have a range at home?

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by faregame View Post
    Does that mean you can have a range at home?
    If you have the 6-10000 bucks for certification and form a club you can I spose.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    I don't think she's asking how it's illegal, but why. The reasoning or logic for these restrictions aren't apparent.
    outlander likes this.

I don't think there is any real reasoning or logic to not allowing C cat people to shoot their pieces. If there was any real worry that somebody with a machine gun might use it to go postal, they wouldn't allow us to own functioning ones. It almost seems pointless being allowed to own a functioning gun, other than the collector value, but never being allowed to discharge it if you wish to and can do so safely.

But then it's much like a lot of bright ideas with firearm restrictions.
    R93, Moa Hunter and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    I don't think she's asking how it's illegal, but why. The reasoning or logic for these restrictions aren't apparent.
    They are historic, forget any reasoning, they were their in the 70 s when I was pistol shooting, mind you things were easier to get away with back then, but they do defy logic, there are ways it could be totally safe and “controlled”. Of cause prosecution and consequences rule at present, big stick and no carrots! The criminal gets better treatment, with nothing to lose!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

As it stands only military or dealers with a special indorsment can fire full auto's full stop, as thems the rules. There are exceptions, have mates in the military take you to one of their ranges!

The army used to bring their gear to our pistol club and you could have a blast on a fully auto under their instructions, the police used to bring over a heap of .357 ammo and pistol to shoot it out of, to hot for my Dan Wesson. We would also compete in a formal shoot, pistol club 1st then the police followed by the army usually. Good old days!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I don't see the problem with that tbh. As far as I know none of the US's numerous mass shootings have been comitted with select fire guns because it's only middle aged financially successful types who can afford them. We don't have the lack of mental health care the US does so we don't have mass school shootings, and I can't imagine our local gang bangeres would be forking out 30k for a full auto AK when they can have an SKS for $500 or a sawn off shotty for $100.

If we continued down the line of the philosophy we already have with firearms (vetting, licensing, interviews, safe storage, etc) I think we could safely be allowed full autos. Make it a subcategory to E-Cat, once you have E-Cat you can apply for select fire category with an even beefier safe (or maybe the requirement that it's kept at a gun club?) and get a mandatory mental evaluation from a shrink, a couple of interviews with cops, your family thoroughly interviewed and vetted, etc etc.
    Yup but even though we have basically no issues with legal mssa's presently, we have senior police association officials that think even the A cat ones are satanic.
    along with the greens who follow UN protocols so hate pretty much all firearms and mass shootings in the states poisoning opinion, we have no show of that happening
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    As it stands only military or dealers with a special indorsment can fire full auto's full stop, as thems the rules. There are exceptions, have mates in the military take you to one of their ranges!
    yes please but I reckon you are a bit far away for me to take you up on the offer

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Not being allowed to fire them does not really make much sense to me,but if that was a condition of being granted the endorsement then you are obliged to follow it.I suppose C cat stuff pretty much flies under the radar for many especially MG's,and if owners were actually out firing them it would bring all the wowsers out assorted hand-wringers out of the closet putting yet more pressure on legal ownership of such items.Which would not be a good thing.
    The principle of a C cat licence is for Collectors. Like a museum collection etc. If a pistol is on a C Cat then it cannot be fired, but if it is on a B then it can. (I am not saying it is smart,, more that this is the principle behind the categories) I think they would rather not have these out there but for the likes of RSA collections etc, there needs to be something for the memorabilia and historical reference materials.
    gadgetman and Steve123 like this.

I don't see the problem with that tbh. As far as I know none of the US's numerous mass shootings have been comitted with select fire guns because it's only middle aged financially successful types who can afford them. We don't have the lack of mental health care the US does so we don't have mass school shootings, and I can't imagine our local gang bangeres would be forking out 30k for a full auto AK when they can have an SKS for $500 or a sawn off shotty for $100.

If we continued down the line of the philosophy we already have with firearms (vetting, licensing, interviews, safe storage, etc) I think we could safely be allowed full autos. Make it a subcategory to E-Cat, once you have E-Cat you can apply for select fire category with an even beefier safe (or maybe the requirement that it's kept at a gun club?) and get a mandatory mental evaluation from a shrink, a couple of interviews with cops, your family thoroughly interviewed and vetted, etc etc.
    I doubt very much the Gun clubs will want that target painted on their backs. (Gang member wants a full auto "machine gun- lets rob a gun club, they will have one...)
    40mm likes this.

The way people bitch and moan about semi automatic rifles, they would completely shit the bed if they knew what you could have on a C endorsement
    mikee, outlander and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    what a stupid question.

Up there with the idiot that recently asked a similar question about overal length of a firearm.

What has happened to this forum???
    Fuck...you've emerged from under your rock again.
    Maca49 and A330driver like this.

Its purely here for educational and theological reasons, also for jokes.