Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Exactly how illegal is it to shoot C-Cat guns?

Apart from the FUN factor there is no point in firing full auto you can't hit shit the barrel wears out super fast you need a Dillion 1050 to keep the ammo supply topped up,
    You can put C cat pistols on B cat if it fits the specs, barrel needs to be 100mm so that only stops snub nose pistols being used, Shooting a 2.5" barreled .357 mag is not fun
    after the first cylinder full, I know of a couple of dudes that have 460 S&W and 500 S&W pistols on B cat so if you want something stupid to shoot you can get it just not full auto

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    The principle of a C cat licence is for Collectors. Like a museum collection etc. If a pistol is on a C Cat then it cannot be fired, but if it is on a B then it can. (I am not saying it is smart,, more that this is the principle behind the categories) I think they would rather not have these out there but for the likes of RSA collections etc, there needs to be something for the memorabilia and historical reference materials.
    This is the most correct answer thus far.
    The licence is intended for collectors who have no intention of using the firearms they have, but who are keeping them for there historical or personal value.

If there were demand for people to be allowed to shoot fully automatic firearms there would need to be a new category created, perhaps MSFA.
    But as there seems to be little demand from owners of such firearms and the Police current warpath of MSSA and semi auto A-cats, I don't see there being any politicians willing to take it on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Thats like asking if there are degrees of dead, ie mostly dead, partly dead, doubly dead. Dead is dead. Its also an interesting follow up question after asking for a private place to shoot.
    On the contrary there are degrees of dead. It is possible to revive a person who as drowned and stopped breathing a person who has had their heart stop and Marty if you watch the greatly funny movie 'The Princess Bride' , Wesley is revived after being pronounced 'mostly dead' by the medicine man after being tortured on 'The machine' . Completely dead is being shot with 15 second burst from a German M2 machine gun.

So completely dead is not possible in NZ according to this thread at my age that’s a very GOOD thing!!
    john m and Moa Hunter like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

We might live forever? at the rate Im falling apart that doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm for a happy and active eternity.
    gadgetman, Moa Hunter and Flyblown like this.

The only way to live forever or a few hundred years is to be buried with a Rimu tree on top of you

I’ll request the Undertaker inserts a few Rimu seeds up my date before the internment
    dannyb likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

res
    Quote Originally Posted by faregame View Post
    Does that mean you can have a range at home?
    at least one form member does
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    at least one form member does
    Is it his own range or a "satellite" range, ie a range administered by a nearby club on his land?.

My understanding was that clubs were allowed to have other ranges under their administration/ jurisdiction (properly certified of course).

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    It’s his own, he built it on his land.
    And yes, I’m jealous, but he does have poor taste in beer !
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

northdude
    It would depend if you are a sports star or someone rich and being convicted will hurt your career then probably nothing will happen just a normal every day person you'll be screwed theres different laws for different people in this country
    veitnamcam, mikee and outlander like this.

there is a pistol range on the Napier Hill in one mans Basement that he had built, fully legit, it is own private range

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfeatures View Post
    It’s his own, he built it on his land.
    And yes, I’m jealous, but he does have poor taste in beer !
    Hmm now to convince the wife we need some space

Oh well - no ones perfect

so he drinks Waikato?

A few on here reckon the forum is going to shit because of "stupid" hypothetical questions. It's not going to shit because of that, more like because of political correctness and hyper-sensitivity towards a certain category of firearms.

He really is pathetic.
    gadgetman and outlander like this.