Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Extended Mag Box and Action Bead Blasting - Rem 700

Lies, I do have some expired 284 brass

Name:  received_430484598060375.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  648.8 KB

About the max possible
    stagstalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stagstalker View Post
    The mag box I have looks to be single stack but I could be wrong. Does anyone know if this will hold 3 saum rounds? Or being single stack will it restrict to 2 rounds? As I don't have stock etc yet I am unable to try and find out for myself. Thanks
    @stagstalker it does look like a single stack box due to the feed lips in the front of the box and also the flat follower by the looks of things? it maybe this wyatt box below:

https://wyattsoutdoor.com/product/cfe-5-kit/

I have always used the wyatts extended mag box but with the windows cut in like this kit below as i hate single stack box's and not being able to top load.

https://wyattsoutdoor.com/product/mbe-4-kit/

Normally you get 2 and sometimes three depending on the depth of the stock and also the type of BDL used etc.

Cheers
    stagstalker likes this.

Thats interesting Rob ,but what magazine are going to use? . That sort of mag lenght makes the 700 very capable of being used for all sorts of things .

Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    Thats interesting Rob ,but what magazine are going to use? . That sort of mag lenght makes the 700 very capable of being used for all sorts of things .
    Can just extend the internsl box mag. Currently developung a mag system with a few other guys for remi and howa to do this

Just a follow up on my last question. I put the mag box together with the action and floor plate held together by action screws then went down to my good buggers at local H&F. Grabbed three 300wsm rounds from a box (same diameter as saum from what I understand) and put them in. Can just squeeze in three rounds which is mint. That was going to be important for me. Thanks all.