Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: geting rid if any remaining solvent after cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    Cheers for that, it was worth a read. Problem is that the more you read the more confused you get, such as this article where the top shooters in the world and some barrel makers themselves all do it differently
    http://www.6mmbr.com/borebrushing.html

What I've learnt is the group size matters most, so if your shooting well...keep doing what you're doing

Cheers for that, it was worth a read. Problem is that the more you read the more confused you get, such as this article where the top shooters in the world and some barrel makers themselves all do it differently
    http://www.6mmbr.com/borebrushing.html

What I've learnt is the group size matters most, so if your shooting well...keep doing what you're doing

Yes
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    And that's why I recently changed to Frog Lube as a protectant. Boretech (various brew of theirs with the exception of their Moly Magic which is useless), KG, Mercury Outboard Top Engine or Subaru Top Engine for cleaning. JBs or Autosol if really really desperate. Brakleen to remove all of above. Brakleen also has some mild carbon removing properties
    I can't click that link at the moment - blocked at work. Is it the one with the like 50 different products put on round metal plates? Then they are left outside in the rain and got a daily spray with salt water? I've seen a bunch of similar tests that only go for a few days but this one ran for a couple of weeks from memory.

Because that's the most comprehensive test i've seen and Froglube performed terribly in it. I think it packed it in after a couple of days. There was a bit of an outcry from its supporters.

Only about 3 or 4 of the products were still going strong after a week. It was a pretty insane test though.

That's the one Matty, but frog lube was one of the products that did the best. But Lys of other well known and used brands did real bad.

Keep in mind that this is only a corrosion test, not a how well does it clean test. Some of those products may be more suited to cleaning, than protecting.

Must be a different test then. I'll post the other later when I get on a normal PC.

Here it is:

Corrosion Testing (New Pics - 5-08-12) [Archive] - M4Carbine.net Forums

Seems there's a bunch of people who've run these sorts of tests, and most of them have wildly differing results. Go figure, hah.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    Here it is:

Corrosion Testing (New Pics - 5-08-12) [Archive] - M4Carbine.net Forums

Seems there's a bunch of people who've run these sorts of tests, and most of them have wildly differing results. Go figure, hah.
    You're right, then there is this one http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html
    They just go on for ever plus you wonder with some of the results whether the tester maybe has a hidden agenda,
    Like anything "believe nothing of what you read and only 1/2 of what you see" and you should be okie dokie.

But seriously, like anything, read reports, evaluate (aka sift thru the bullshit), make a decision, and try for yourself.
    Last edited by zimmer; 24-05-2015 at 05:11 PM.