Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Gun City XR5 Night Vision goggles

Quote Originally Posted by hanse View Post
    Still haven't sold that fing car Tasbay!! this Katod gear sounds interesting to say the least.
    No its beyond me why someone hasn`t bought the old $1500 dollar truck for $7000. Mind you get a few phone calls about goggles / scopes and the like through it!!! Daughter will be pissed if her truck gets sold out from under her.
    Thinking about getting a Katod for myself and the boy can have my PVS-7...that will anoy him.

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    yes, I seen them too, digital seems like the way to go unless you have thermal dollars.
    are his prices the best around?
    anyone own any of them?
    Gimp is as his name suggests. So you probably don't want to take your advice from a Gimp, unless it's about lubrication.

Pulsar N750 Digisights are great, and we sell around 10 per month throughout New Zealand, and a few into the South Pacific.

We sell them to professional pest controllers, as well as farmers who use them for shooting pests, such as deer that feed on swede crops, pigs that kill lambs etc. DOC are about to evaluate them, several regional councils are interested in trialing the Digisight. Wellington Regional Council said they were 'blown away' by its performance.

We also sell thermal sights, thermal monoculars, thermal bi-oculars, Gen2+ gear, and US Gen3 gear for Govt departments. But out of all our products, people love the Digisight, and one sale often turns into multiple sales for their friends and family.

Ask Poacher on this forum (Wirehunt actually isn't a poacher, he's a pro pest controller), he'll tell you about the N750.

Check out our Youtube channel:

YukonOpticsNZ's channel - YouTube

Just remember the video is crap compared to what it looks like through the screen.

If anyone wants more info about this sight, and a really great price, don't ask advice from someone who's uninformed.

I meant: Ask Wirehunt on this forum (Wirehunt actually isn't a poacher, he's a pro pest controller)

I've known Wirehunt for a long time. Being a professional pest controller doesn't mean he has any experience with night vision beyond what you sold him.

Unless there has been some massive paradigm shift in technology that I've missed, digital does not compare to actual good gear, ie, good Gen III.

What's your definition of compare? Do you understand cost v performance matrices? What about other features, such as 25,000 hrs MTF, higher system resolution than most Gen3 systems (with tubes delivering a better resolution than 64 line pairs/mm). Your saying that gear is only good if its good Gen3. That is the dumbest, uniformed statement that I've ever heard. It's saying that Gen3 night vision is shit compared to thermal.

We don't sell loads of Digisights because they are shit. This is my full time business, and I have a mortgage and a family to feed. You saying that our N750 is shit, is the same as saying we sell shit products. All our NV products deliver excellent results within their price bracket.

The problem is, there are as few people on this forum that strut around like farmyard cocks with their Gen3 gear, putting everyone else off NV shooting by saying that this is shit and that is shit etc.

We sell heaps of our Gen1 Yukon scopes to farmers who shoot pigs at 100 meters at night, who don't want to spend any more than a $1.3K, and they are perfectly happy with their business tool.

We have loads of happy customers, who aren't on this forum because they spend their evenings shooting. That's the reality.
    Savage1 likes this.

I have veiwed some of Tasbay's gear and Yukon Optics NZ's.

As YONZ said, Its a price point thing.

Not everyone can afford(or even if they can) justify S&B Swaro Lecia when lupy bushy weaver will do what they need it to do just fine.

Horses for courses
    Savage1 likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Thanks. You are dead right. We do rifle sights that will drop a pig at 100-150 metres for $1350, up to our Polaris Thermal sight at $11,800 + gst with a detection range of 1.5km. But you can bet that both of them will only be used at an average range of 50-150 metres.

You both Know how to get hold of me if you want an impartial review
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    You both Know how to get hold of me if you want an impartial review
    Thats about it (the above) - All I see is a supplier trying to do advertising on the site (thats all your LONG recent posts have been about)

My comment from earlier in the thread - "nor I am I saying something better or not - don't need suppliers giving opinions here" seems to have been missed

I and other suppliers (of all sorts) pay and have a commercial thread - so if your going to go on about what you do then "get a room" (your own one) and pay for it (others been told this over the past if I recall)

Should I (and others) go on about Badlands or something on every single Backpack inquiry! - this is a forum; not a suppliers website!

Mine - some 250 posts over a very long time contributing to the forum on all sorts - those about what I sell - very few (in the commercial area generally) - except for personal experiences on rare occasions - a fine line sometimes can happen I accept that - but in general if you are saying "buy from me" "I sell" that's commercial! - goes in your own area - sharing some information, stories, photos - cool as - not so cool if like most of your posts are just about products ... i.e. your point in being here is ...

Fair comment?

You are in Nelson. Why don't we go for a shot sometime, or just to have a play with some stuff at night? I'm about to leave for Welly first thing, and will be back next week. I've only got a few weeks before I have a major heart op, so want to do as much as possible beforehand. 03 9700 570. I live in Hope.

I'm signing-off now because I have to pack, then work a bit.

Tools not Toys
    Haha this may be a bit trollish, but anyway,,,,, Yukon, you said Wellington regional council was "blown away" by the digisight, maybe not the best plug for your company as "The Wellington Regional Council" doesn't neccesarily scream "night vision experts" hahaha

I am all for buying what you can afford, and I think digital stuff has its place but after looking at all the vids why buy a 750 when you can get one of tasbays gen 3 Katods for circa $6k Chalk and cheese as far as seing in the dark goes...... Maybe the vids don't do the unit justice and the 550 got a good write up in NZ guns and hunting. Maybe you should send them a Katod Tasbay

My 2c worth. Good luck with the op Yukon and if your down Wanaka way drop a line. Know a few around that are into their toys that would love to see some of your kit.
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

Haha this may be a bit trollish, but anyway,,,,, Yukon, you said Wellington regional council was "blown away" by the digisight, maybe not the best plug for your company as "The Wellington Regional Council" doesn't neccesarily scream "night vision experts" hahaha

I am all for buying what you can afford, and I think digital stuff has its place but after looking at all the vids why buy a 750 when you can get one of tasbays gen 3 Katods for circa $6k Chalk and cheese as far as seing in the dark goes...... Maybe the vids don't do the unit justice and the 550 got a good write up in NZ guns and hunting. Maybe you should send them a Katod Tasbay

My 2c worth. Good luck with the op Yukon and if your down Wanaka way drop a line. Know a few around that are into their toys that would love to see some of your kit.
    To be honest I had given thought to contacting NZ Guns and Hunting about some gear but had pretty well dismissed it. Partually due to guys who know little about nv running around with $6k+ of my gear in the dark. Yes I bring it in and move some. Most sales are word of mouth and a few come from places like here. Im pretty passionate about the gear I use and get for guys and sometimes Yes I probably slide a bit close to the line as far as commercial goes but I try not to push my gear or slag anyone elses.If they ask I will give an answer.
    I get guys PM`s frequantly asking advise and I always try to be non biased and give the best advise I can. Personal attacks are not my thing. I have been on the receiving end of some by someone who seems to preceve me as competition, Gimp appears to have had the same.
    I will give the Guns and Hunting thing some more thought.... probably time I looked at a webb page as well !!!

I shouldn't be on here now çause I've just finished work, and should be packing. However...

It's backto the having to be a night vision expert bullshit. Yu don't havr to be a night vision expert to use this stuff. It's only some of the guys on this forum that give this type of shooting it;s mystique. It all about results.

Here is what Craig from the council said:

"I used the latest Pulsar Scope and Camera last night; WOW!!! I've just come back from a mates house where we spotted three deer 800 yards from his house. I haven't got the hang of using them properly yet; but if you get the settings right; it almost looks like daylight.

The one shot sighting in was so easy to use.

I've been trying to shoot these rabbits and geese that have been causing some grief for us. They are located in a place that you can't use shot guns or shoot during the day."

I don't know this guy, so take it as an unbiased opinion.

Thanks for the kind op message, not too pleased that I have to go through this when there are animals/fish to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by faregame View Post
    Thats about it (the above) - All I see is a supplier trying to do advertising on the site (thats all your LONG recent posts have been about)

My comment from earlier in the thread - "nor I am I saying something better or not - don't need suppliers giving opinions here" seems to have been missed

I and other suppliers (of all sorts) pay and have a commercial thread - so if your going to go on about what you do then "get a room" (your own one) and pay for it (others been told this over the past if I recall)

Should I (and others) go on about Badlands or something on every single Backpack inquiry! - this is a forum; not a suppliers website!

Mine - some 250 posts over a very long time contributing to the forum on all sorts - those about what I sell - very few (in the commercial area generally) - except for personal experiences on rare occasions - a fine line sometimes can happen I accept that - but in general if you are saying "buy from me" "I sell" that's commercial! - goes in your own area - sharing some information, stories, photos - cool as - not so cool if like most of your posts are just about products ... i.e. your point in being here is ...

Fair comment?
    No you are wrong. I only posted my grumble on this site to protect my interests from 'self proclaimed experts' who could potentially damage my family's income.

How would you like it if I started writing in this forum that Flir thermals are shit because they are only 9Hz, have crappy old VOx UFPA's, and are way overpriced for their performance? You wouldn't be too happy would you?

Also, we are in the process of sponsoring this forum.

Fair comment?

I really have to go now, so I guess the back-stabbing will begin.