Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Gun shop owner vows to prosecute TV3 reporter

ebf
    What a collection of slime bags...

The journo for committing fraud, don't see her getting charges though.

O'Connor's grubby paws quite possibly behind it all.

And on the opposite side, the GC owner. Not exactly known for ethics and squeaky clean dealings. His threats of a private prosecution have more to do with having been publicly embarrassed I suspect.
    EVILWAYZ, mucko, Maca49 and 2 others like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Is the topic on RadioLive TalkBack this morning
    RadioLIVE - Entertaining Talk And News As It Happens

Have a listen to some of the nutters around the country ringing in . Jesus god help us !

i have purchased from guncity.despite being a known customer at all times i have been required to produce my FAL for all purchases of ammo/firearms.i have also bought online with other vendors. At all times i have filled in the form had it witnessed by a police officer and posted the original to the vendor,- as is required by law.they then post the goods. this is a robust and transparent system. more of a danger is an unscrupulous FAL holder who obtains guns on order for the criminal element, as was the case not so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    by pass the power meter yes please
    Just disconnect the neutral feed input to your meter. Dials will stop spinning.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    His threats of a private prosecution have more to do with having been publicly embarrassed I suspect.
    He'd have a chance with defamation.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    8><----

This really pisses me off. Its easy to obtain many things by being criminal about it, and that's what she did
    That's just it, it shouldnt be this easy, especially as the fix is easy. ie When you go into the AO you also hand him an already postage paid, pre-addressed envelope (with the right address on it) as part of the check, which he then posts for you. Then the seller has a high confidence the transfer is legit.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by lophortyx View Post
    i have purchased from guncity.despite being a known customer at all times i have been required to produce my FAL for all purchases of ammo/firearms.i have also bought online with other vendors. At all times i have filled in the form had it witnessed by a police officer and posted the original to the vendor,- as is required by law.they then post the goods. this is a robust and transparent system. more of a danger is an unscrupulous FAL holder who obtains guns on order for the criminal element, as was the case not so long ago.
    It would be a robust system if the seller then had to ring the officer that signed the form & verify it's authenticity. At the moment without that circle being completed it's woefully inadequate, as we can now see.
    ebf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    Was just listening to that. The host (Danny?) is a fucking retard
    Digit, dirtyhabit and cambo like this.

But hey are we not the good guys? I've been approved and had my security checked, I'm a fit and proper person to own firearms? I paid my bill,Heather is a common criminal doing this and should be treated as such. This law has been vetted by those that know better than me? Maybe they should be scrutinised as well. Don't make it my problem, start at the other end, sort the criminal, or would be easier for us all just to change our spots and join heather? The law is pretty tight, AO having their own interpretations also shows the law is not robust enough, but it ain't that bad, tweak as necessary without all the hysteria of the gun/hunting hating public
    Digit, dirtyhabit, cambo and 3 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    It would be a robust system if the seller then had to ring the officer that signed the form & verify it's authenticity. At the moment without that circle being completed it's woefully inadequate, as we can now see.
    One of my voluntary roles I'm required to prove authenticity of a document, I do this by signing ad stamping it along with my contact details. I often get a follow up from those involved to make sure it's legit
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Was just listening to that. The host (Danny?) is a fucking retard
    Lol. Not this retard thank fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maca49 likes this.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    That's just it, it shouldnt be this easy, especially as the fix is easy. ie When you go into the AO you also hand him an already postage paid, pre-addressed envelope (with the right address on it) as part of the check, which he then posts for you. Then the seller has a high confidence the transfer is legit.
    Not sure if this would stop people with criminal intent, as a criminal could/would just post it him/her self.

Yeah but a Crims a crim and operates outside the law, you can't stop it but you can deal with with good law to screw the purpertrator?
    That's what's lacking?
    That's why I haven't started a P lab! I'm to honest, bugger, oh and I don't like screwing people's lives
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

David Tipple being interviewd after 10am news on Radio Live by Sean Plunket
    Listen Online