Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Gun shop owner vows to prosecute TV3 reporter

listening now

Yeah he doesn't sound happy, dont blame him though this could have been any other retailer very easily
    gadgetman likes this.

So Sean Plunket if there is no 100% safe way to sell move firearms you would like firearms removed from private hands? Does he know both the Police and Army have lost them also. Typical urbanite twat. he's having a go at couriers now.

I hate responding to things like this as I believe opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one but we don't need to share them. Unfortunately this makes me feel unable to restrain myself and I must bare my arsehole in public.

I believe the system is flawed and I appreciate the journalists attempts to show the system as being flawed, this is an area of the law that requires attention, at the end of the day an unlicensed person was able to purchase and receive a firearm. The system should not allow this happen, whether it be a simple cross check or whatever I will leave that to someone else.

What I find galling is that not only did the journalists go through with it so completely so as to receive the firearm, where instead they could have called the retailer and said "look we are running a piece on the flawed system we have been cleared through all your checks please cancel this purchase before the firearm is despatched". They then could have taken their story to the police and the retailer, got things implemented and reviewed and then broken the story a day or so later with a united front from the police and retailers working to improve things. Instead they had to sensationalize it and whip it into a frenzy to increase ratings and justify there probably ridiculous salaries.

They broke the law by receiving that firearm and impersonating the police to purchase it, their defence is the public interest, surely it would have been more in the publics interest to effect change in the system before breaking the story. If they had done that, I would be giving them standing applause for their integrity, instead the way this has been done appears majorly self centered in an attempt for ratings.

I feel sorry for Gun City in that a lot of the flack is directed at them, this could have been any online retailer in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    So Sean Plunket if there is no 100% safe way to sell move firearms you would like firearms removed from private hands? Does he know both the Police and Army have lost them also. Typical urbanite twat. he's having a go at couriers now.
    I am the same as sparky1000, I don't usually reply to these types of thread but this issue has incensed me somewhat. Plunket is right to have a go at the couriers but of course his focus will only be on poor firearm deliveries. What about all the other valuable stuff they miss deliver? Pay for a signature required delivery and a lot of the times what do you get - some scrawl that if challenged they say a neighbour signed on your behalf. I know this topic (rant) has been well covered over and over in the past but the issue still continues to exist and does us firearm owners no favours. So better to fix the firearm delivery issue by forbidding such rather than fix the root cause eh?

He shouldn't have gone on. Sean Plunket is out to get us.

Police/govt already have the means to further restrict gun ownership but haven't due to public opinion, which is under subversion by the media right now. Police have said they are changing the mail order system to address this, problem solved.

Even national party mouthpiece Cameron Slater is against recent anti-gun media. Next thing to watch out for is the mass shooting that Damien O'Connor knows something about. And if labour/greens get in government say hello to British style gun laws.

I am all for fixing the mail order system flaw. But lets not get carried away here.
    300CALMAN likes this.

I agree, he shouldn't have gone on, he let old mate get to him and didn't interview well.
    stumpy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky1000 View Post
    I hate responding to things like this as I believe opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one but we don't need to share them. Unfortunately this makes me feel unable to restrain myself and I must bare my arsehole in public.

I believe the system is flawed and I appreciate the journalists attempts to show the system as being flawed, this is an area of the law that requires attention, at the end of the day an unlicensed person was able to purchase and receive a firearm. The system should not allow this happen, whether it be a simple cross check or whatever I will leave that to someone else.

What I find galling is that not only did the journalists go through with it so completely so as to receive the firearm, where instead they could have called the retailer and said "look we are running a piece on the flawed system we have been cleared through all your checks please cancel this purchase before the firearm is despatched". They then could have taken their story to the police and the retailer, got things implemented and reviewed and then broken the story a day or so later with a united front from the police and retailers working to improve things. Instead they had to sensationalize it and whip it into a frenzy to increase ratings and justify there probably ridiculous salaries.

They broke the law by receiving that firearm and impersonating the police to purchase it, their defence is the public interest, surely it would have been more in the publics interest to effect change in the system before breaking the story. If they had done that, I would be giving them standing applause for their integrity, instead the way this has been done appears majorly self centered in an attempt for ratings.

I feel sorry for Gun City in that a lot of the flack is directed at them, this could have been any online retailer in NZ.
    Totally agree, But hey this whole blog is about Opinions

The problem is that this is not about fixing up flaws in the law it's about demonizing Gun Owners and Gun Shops.

If you have ever been involved in investigating or auditing you will know that the person conducting the sting NEVER goes through with the actual crime. They cancel the order or just don't pay for it and walk away.
    sparky1000 likes this.

Yeah definitely about demonizing gun owners and gun shops, the fact they went after GUN city and not HUNTING and FISHING was specifically targeted to not encroach on peoples pastimes just peoples GUNS.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    If you have ever been involved in investigating or auditing you will know that the person conducting the sting NEVER goes through with the actual crime. They cancel the order or just don't pay for it and walk away.
    Seriously?

This whole thread is ridiculous. SO, so much knicker twisting.

Sensationalist "journalist" doing her job. Picks an emotive subject that is sure to get people interested in the hope of increasing viewership.....shock horror!!!

Calm the fuck down ladies. Who cares!
    BRADS, Gibo and kidmac42 like this.

I reckon Pk, it'll be old news next week.

Someone should offer to take old Heather out for a nice stroll in the mountains with a rifle and show her why most of us have firearms and how responsible users use them. She wouldn't be too shabby to share a tent with...cough cough.

Anyways, meanwhile in Sweden this week - some nutter kills and maims a heap of people with a sword. Hope swords will be banned.

Plunket is a twat. Just hearing his voice makes me want to throw a cow pat at his face.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

[QUOTE=Proudkiwi;408145]Seriously?

Sensationalist "journalist" doing her job. Picks an emotive subject that is sure to get people interested in the hope of increasing viewership.....shock horror!!!

Calm the fuck down ladies. Who cares![/QUOTE
    Shit I didn't think my wife was on this forum?
    Tommy and 300CALMAN like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    [QUOTE=Maca49;408173]
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Seriously?

Calm the fuck down ladies. Who cares![/QUOTE
    It is just as well she isn't Maca. Your number would have been well and truly up years ago.
    dirtyhabit likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post
    He shouldn't have gone on. Sean Plunket is out to get us.

Police/govt already have the means to further restrict gun ownership but haven't due to public opinion, which is under subversion by the media right now. Police have said they are changing the mail order system to address this, problem solved.

Even national party mouthpiece Cameron Slater is against recent anti-gun media. Next thing to watch out for is the mass shooting that Damien O'Connor knows something about. And if labour/greens get in government say hello to British style gun laws.

I am all for fixing the mail order system flaw. But lets not get carried away here.
    "Police/govt already have the means to further restrict gun ownership" can you cite URL? as the law is 100% clear IMHO, ie it will take a law change to do anything.

NB While the Greens are somewhat anti semi-auto labour is not as long as its "peaceful". My impression is NZF seems to be fairly pro gun btw. I am trying to find out what the Green's actual policy is and get it debated as NZ's gun incidents are below OZ and the UK, and declining and yet our laws are less restrictive, ergo it is not based on logic or data.

Un-fortunately it is probably just a question of time until there is a big incident and we get knee capped by whatever Govn is in power.
    Last edited by steven; 23-10-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    gadgetman likes this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    She is clearly a very astute woman
    Maca49 and Tommy like this.