Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Hearing protection muzzle brakes

Quote Originally Posted by McNotty View Post
    For the two calibres you noted, I wouldn't even bother with a brake. Not really up there recoil wise
    Maybe so but the shooter next to me is happy. You havent had muzzle blast till you have fired a 105mm pack howitzer in antitank position .

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    You want to try a naval gun then. A fella was on deck by accident with a 5" firing, blew clothes off and perforated both drums and some inner sinus passages. But then I guess something capable of shifting a ship sideways will have a wee bit of horsepower when it farts...
    Apparently, if you were foolish enough to be on deck when a battleship fired it's 16" guns you'd be killed instantly from the concussion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    I wear Pro Ears - Pro Tac Plus Gold electronic muffs when hunting japs or red stags during the roar. Very expensive but the hearing enhancement is great with no background noise that you get with the cheaper electronic muffs. A little hot in summer is the only downside.

I find a suppressor annoying to use on my 19.5" barrel .308 bush rifle as it upsets the balance and handling. Still, better than damaging your hearing if not using anything.
    I'm in a non-suppressor phase at the mo for the same reasons. I don't shoot many shots but I'd consider getting some of these to go with a fine handling std length barrel