Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How Many Rounds A Year ?

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Love pissing contests.......
    You could call it a pissing contest, alternatively could call it a money wasting contest, or even a "who is the worst shot and needs heaps of ammo?" contest. I took it at face value as a serious question as indication of how many rounds we were all going through.
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    You could call it a pissing contest, alternatively could call it a money wasting contest, or even a "who is the worst shot and needs heaps of ammo?" contest. I took it at face value as a serious question as indication of how many rounds we were all going through.

Ha ha a couple of years ago there was a similar post started on a Yankee forum I am a member of. I posted exactly the same comment and the Moderator threatened me with expulsion from the forum for "swearing".
    Micky Duck likes this.

For me and wife and kids around 1500 mixed of various shotgun, cf rifle and rimfire which expenditure and time and recreation, competition and hunting far exceeds any temptation to waste time, money and life on xbox, videos, gambling and woke shit on farcebook and the like ha ha. Our hunting and shooting interests prevent to an extent susceptabilty to braindead sheepiness which the "woke" would prefer to lead us into.
    p.s. I hope the spew when they read this.
    Micky Duck and 40mm like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

I used to shoot a lot more than i do now
    When i was. Competitive Shooting id do 3-400 Per week depending on the week so maybe arround 20,000 per year and that was just 22lr if I went and shot centerfire maybe another 2000 a year

These days the past 6 years id still do 2000 rounds of 22
    And 2000 of cf and or muzzle loading black powder but in comparison sweet fuck all

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    good point.
    I shoot 50,000 center fire per year.
    10,000 shotgun.
    150,000-200,000 rim fire per year.
    You win!

For me it varies from year to year - clearly this year has been difficult.

150 rounds of 22 pretty much every week, 50-100 rounds of 9mm a month, 30ish 38/357 a month, 200 rounds 223 a year 20 rounds of 270 a year and probably 450 rounds of shotgun a year, alot of ammo for a 16yr old to buy lol

R93
    No where near as much as I used to. Just clocked 1250 rnds on a pistol I have had since mid May. Normally close to 750 a month on my handguns but I have been slack.
    Last 2 years I have only loaded maybe 75 rounds for my larger centerfires but have gone thru a few more on the wee hornet.
    Used to chew thru a pallet of shotgun ammo in a few months when we were doing rabbits and wallabys out of the machine. We all took turns shooting and flying. Plus 2000 buckshot and a thousand 223 a year on venison shared between a couple of shooters.
    Dunno if it is age or lack of shooting but I shot well below average for a large chunk of the duck season. Got my mojo back as the season was ending

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.