Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Howa Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Pushover View Post
    I had a regular 1500. Good shooter. My only criticism would be lack of rigid lightweight Stocks and not very rust resistant stainless.
    The thinner profile 20inch barreled ones are a better carry rifle and shoot well from what I've heard. Still needs a rigid lightweight stock
    Such stocks are available but cost more than two Howa barrled actions in the USA...

https://www.pse-composites.com/colle...ange/howa-1500

I think your local guy Ken Henderson does them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntfisheat View Post
    And you can change the two stage trigger to a superbly crisp set trigger by simply taking up the first stage only twice in quick succession then you're straight in to set trigger stage with the third squeeze.
    Or source/trade for an older single stage Howa trigger.

The bent bit of metal for the safety on the new ones looks and feels terrible! At least the old ones have a Remmy style knob.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntfisheat View Post
    Just as I stated. Take up the first stage twice in quick succession. Eliminates the first stage and squeeze 3 has no first stage.
    okay genuinely interested in understanding how yours does this, because I’ve got five of them here, and none of them do it. They are all HACT two stage triggers with lighter springs installed. Being pretty familiar with the internals of these triggers I can’t see how this can work?
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Best value for money on the NZ market.I can't think of much else that comes close to them in what you get for the cost of them.
    Savage - better trigger, lighter weight, 3-stage tang safety, same reputation for accuracy.

Gun choice always depends on personal fit/feel and what you prefer though, if you try both and like the Howa better then its a better choice for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Savage - better trigger, lighter weight, 3-stage tang safety, same reputation for accuracy.

Gun choice always depends on personal fit/feel and what you prefer though, if you try both and like the Howa better then its a better choice for you.
    And they do lefties.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    There has never been a left hand samouraļ in Japan , that could be the reason.
    So wrong. So utterly wrong.

agree 100% both hands were used.....two swords,long and not so long.

Yeah i think it’s odd they don’t make leftys
    However with a bit of practice a lefty can shoot a R/H bolt peice of piss
    My mate is a lefty and has lefty rifles tikka’s etc
    But he recently brought a howa 6mm creedmoor and says he won’t bother with lefty rifles any more after playing with the howa
    He says for the advantages you get from a proper lefty it’s not worth the extra money for a tikka over a howa in his opinion
    He’s quite happy shooting with a right hand bolt had alot of practice and shoots ether as quick as each other now
    Jaco Goosen and Allizdog like this.