Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20Likes
  • 10 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By bluecod1967
  • 1 Post By Scott Cowan
  • 1 Post By superdiver
  • 2 Post By Wingman
  • 5 Post By Wingman

Thread: Howa Superlite

Howa Superlite

Anyone have any experience with these? A rifle with a bare weight of 2kg would be nice to carry around but I’d love to hear how they shoot before dropping some coin on one.

I've got one. 16" 308. Weighs 2.6kg with dpt and Swaro 3-9x36. No talleys available in NZ yet so you're stuck with a rail unless you're handy with a Dremel and can make normal howa 1500 talleys fit (as I have done). Haven't shot it yet.
    Name:  20230610_155304.jpg
Views: 1521
Size:  2.71 MB
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

before you buy one with a rail run a straight edge across the rail there rails are out by a small amount shame as there good qaulity guns with a nice stock just cheap rail on them easy fix
    Eastern Wander likes this.

2 gunsmiths I spoke to said the stocks need a bit of work to get them sorted but if your handy with a dremel you’ll get it sorted. They need a cheek riser tho… better suited design for open sites. I have a barrelled action here waiting a few carbon stock builds. Just need to clear some space in the workshop and get going lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cowan View Post
    2 gunsmiths I spoke to said the stocks need a bit of work to get them sorted but if your handy with a dremel you’ll get it sorted. They need a cheek riser tho… better suited design for open sites. I have a barrelled action here waiting a few carbon stock builds. Just need to clear some space in the workshop and get going lol
    Care to elaborate on the work needed on the stocks? I looked at 4 or 5 of them before getting mine and nothing seems to stick out that needs sorting with the stock
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

H&F gis have sent back 2 stocks and two trigger guards. But best I don’t get into a he said she said. Ring H and F Gisborne and ask for Debden. He will be super helpful I’m sure.
    Micky Duck likes this.

How long is the mag box on these is there room to seat pills out a fair way? or are they like a rem model 7 a bit on the short side?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I've got one. 16" 308. Weighs 2.6kg with dpt and Swaro 3-9x36. No talleys available in NZ yet so you're stuck with a rail unless you're handy with a Dremel and can make normal howa 1500 talleys fit (as I have done). Haven't shot it yet.
    Attachment 226825
    Looking foward to hearing a report in this!
    Bill999 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yerimaginaryM8 View Post
    How long is the mag box on these is there room to seat pills out a fair way? or are they like a rem model 7 a bit on the short side?
    2.8" internal length, will take std SAAME and CIP spec COALs. I offered up a few ACIS 3" l mags to the action and they will feed from this. You will however need a bit of custom work to the stock to fit an Atlas bottom metal or simalar.

The one I handeled was a terrible fit in the stock, the rear tang stuck up high like it had been shoe horned into a stock that was designed for something else. The barrel channel was very narrow and contacted one side of the very light profiled barrel. All small issues to correct but for the asking price you shouldn't have to. The barreled action is a howa mini that has been stretched 6mm and the mag well and ejection port opened up. The bolt know has also been drilled to drop even more weight. All actions are blued chromolly (S/S not available) that the importer had Ceracoated to combat future rust issues. The barrel profile is the same as the howa mini s/s lightweight so it's very thin. 20" in 6.5 creedmoore and 16" in .308win. .243 win and .708 are in the works. The barreled action weighs 1.6kg and in true carbon fiber stock fashion they range from 400gr to about 600gr.

Personally I'm a fan and will pick one up in Creedmoor but I think I'll go more custom on a stock for it.
    Bill999 and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    2.8" internal length, will take std SAAME and CIP spec COALs. I offered up a few ACIS 3" l mags to the action and they will feed from this. You will however need a bit of custom work to the stock to fit an Atlas bottom metal or simalar.

The one I handeled was a terrible fit in the stock, the rear tang stuck up high like it had been shoe horned into a stock that was designed for something else. The barrel channel was very narrow and contacted one side of the very light profiled barrel. All small issues to correct but for the asking price you shouldn't have to. The barreled action is a howa mini that has been stretched 6mm and the mag well and ejection port opened up. The bolt know has also been drilled to drop even more weight. All actions are blued chromolly (S/S not available) that the importer had Ceracoated to combat future rust issues. The barrel profile is the same as the howa mini s/s lightweight so it's very thin. 20" in 6.5 creedmoore and 16" in .308win. .243 win and .708 are in the works. The barreled action weighs 1.6kg and in true carbon fiber stock fashion they range from 400gr to about 600gr.

Personally I'm a fan and will pick one up in Creedmoor but I think I'll go more custom on a stock for it.
    Would Howa mini Talleys fit then if they are a stretched mini action ?
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Would Howa mini Talleys fit then if they are a stretched mini action ?
    No as the rear part of the loading port has been cut back further meaning the rear holes have been made closer together. You could drill a new hole in the mount though.
    Talleys, HS precision and Nikko stirling all make rails to fit it but nz is waiting delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post

Yeah the stock fit and finish on the 2 I've handled seemed a bit shit given how much you are getting stung for the stock. If only some clever bugger was building lightweight chassis in nz for howas ��

I was thinking of grabbing one and having a go at putting a stock or chassis together

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    If only some clever bugger was building lightweight chassis in nz for howas ��
    Quiet your pie hole.. it's a supprise