Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: I bought a 7mm Rem Mag

Fulla
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    The answer back then I found (and its the same today) was use the best possible earmuff's for range shooting and make sure they fit properly. I've had flinch issues at various times but always get back on track by ensuring I have the best ear protection when practicing.
    You make it sound like you use hearing protection at the range but not hunting, and using muffs hunting sounds like a prick of an idea.... If you haven't tried electronic earmuffs hunting they are not a silly idea, I really like mine, turn them right up and you hear better than normal, I think they are an advantage. Maybe something to try.

Yes I only wear muffs at the range or at work. Some people are lucky I guess, I still have excellent hearing despite firing a lot of rounds when hunting from rifles without a suppressor or wearing earmuffs. And not to mention 3 years in the TF artillery, where we also didn't wear ear protection except on rare occasions.

I loath suppressors on a fine hunting rifle, but then I don't regard myself as a follower of fashion in any endeavour . . . . so am not bound by the current fad (just for the record I do have suppressors on a couple of 22's and a 300 BLK and ran one on an FTR class rifle for a while).

Aaargh... the 7mm Rem Mag... It rules with authority!
    7mmsaum likes this.

What the hell? What happened to second hand rifle prices? Did I steal this or is it just what they go for these days?[/QUOTE]

Its sign of the times
    Mainly a flood of rifles for sale now that are all pretty similar now
    All the synthetic SS no mater what caliber are going sub 1K now even some with SUP and optic on top
    Great time for youngsters or newbies to enter in

However - in saying that if it is non main stream so to speak - prices are still good and some rifles appreciate in value over time.
    The negative with this caliber is the cost per shot (prob $3 every time you squeeze the trigger) but it is still cheap if using for hunting and not shooting cardboard or gongs
    Good score @Apollo

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    .. I felt the need to post here because my wife could care less about my guns.

What the hell?
    I don't think that you are alone in that respect
    Hunter_killer and Tussock like this.
    Preview

Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm-- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.

T.S. Eliot

Welcome to the club @Apollo
    When hunting think safety first

Banned
    I have occasionally always wondered if I have not reached my potential for not having yet owned a 7mm Remington Magnum. A nice buy. You got a good deal. Now we have to shoot it.

Good to see you back @Tussock.
    Sideshow and Tussock like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    I have occasionally always wondered if I have not reached my potential for not having yet owned a 7mm Remington Magnum. A nice buy. You got a good deal. Now we have to shoot it.
    It now wears a 2-8 Nikon Monarch and with low rings it is a nice compact set up. A nice basic hunting rifle and I will leave it as such. Bought a couple of boxes of 175gr Winchester Super X because that was all that was available locally. I will sight it in and take it hunting. Came with an excellent German made sling as well.