Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: I think we are about to get F******

I think we are about to get F******

Key says Government looking at unilateral consumption tax on online purchases from offshore sites; also looking at making online retailers register for GST | interest.co.nz

"But Key agreed that some online retailers could drop deliveries to New Zealand if they were required to register for GST."

I can so see Brownells or Ebay sellers bothering.

"I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

It's the 21st century people

They never stop thinking of ways to screw the people.

A lot of companies off shore will not bother at all , so I hope the GovT has big wharehouses & a lot of IRD staff to process all the little overseas purchases etc , GovT seems bent on doing stupid stuff , will have to vote Labour next time , chasing small amounts of tax seems counter productive ( when the cost of chasing the tax is more expensive than the result ) , unless the NEW IRD staff are for lowering the un-employment numbers ?

Does not seem LOGICAL , so it makes perfect sense to GovT .
    Philipo and veitnamcam like this.

just pay cash for everything, and pay 15% less and tell them to stick their gst, they already tax our income once.
    nevada likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nevada View Post
    They never stop thinking of ways to screw the people.
    Yup, Govt doesn't care about the people only big business.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    A lot of companies off shore will not bother at all , so I hope the GovT has big wharehouses & a lot of IRD staff to process all the little overseas purchases etc , GovT seems bent on doing stupid stuff , will have to vote Labour next time , chasing small amounts of tax seems counter productive ( when the cost of chasing the tax is more expensive than the result ) , unless the NEW IRD staff are for lowering the un-employment numbers ?

Read closer - Labour supports it

Quote Originally Posted by silentscope View Post
    just pay cash for everything, and pay 15% less and tell them to stick their gst, they already tax our income once.
    I like that idea, until the Govt takes away cash that is...

Ejected
    Don't panic, John key said he would resign if there was mass surveillance of New Zealanders so he will be gone by the weekend now that that's all out in the open. Yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post

yea it would be interesting to see how they go about managing something like this, didn't they drop gifting tax because it cost more to manage than they where getting? On the other hand I can see the up side as both the government and retailers must be losing some serious money with the online (off shore) purchases, retailers start shutting there doors because people are only trying on the clothes and buying online which in turn creates more unemployment and your city centres and malls turn into ghost towns because the cafes, etc don't have any customer's because they are all unemployed..... I think it's the old double edged sword.
    Then again if our local shops weren't charging $200.00 for a pair of jeans that I can buy online for $50.00 the government wouldn't need to be thinking about all the online sales. I think its f#*ked either way.

...if local retail (not all, but many) did note rape us on price we would not feel so upset about this.
    The big message is for local retail is to provide service like what we get from online stores, I would prefer to buy local its much more fun...

Quote Originally Posted by silentscope View Post
    The problem with that is your bisiness goes broke because nothing has come in threw the books.

Eg Cash price,writes cheque, has to go threw books you loose 15%
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I like that idea, until the Govt takes away cash that is...
    then we trade. the world was a better place when you could trade for good or services. knocks all those useless cunts off the top once they have to work for their keep.
    veitnamcam and nevada like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    The problem with that is your bisiness goes broke because nothing has come in threw the books.

Eg Cash price,writes cheque, has to go threw books you loose 15%
    it only works if everyone does it to knock it on the head completely.

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    yea it would be interesting to see how they go about managing something like this, didn't they drop gifting tax because it cost more to manage than they where getting? On the other hand I can see the up side as both the government and retailers must be losing some serious money with the online (off shore) purchases, retailers start shutting there doors because people are only trying on the clothes and buying online which in turn creates more unemployment and your city centres and malls turn into ghost towns because the cafes, etc don't have any customer's because they are all unemployed..... I think it's the old double edged sword.
    Then again if our local shops weren't charging $200.00 for a pair of jeans that I can buy online for $50.00 the government wouldn't need to be thinking about all the online sales. I think its f#*ked either way.
    Yep Labour also support this.

Unfortunately many sports goods retailers do the same.. screw us, this was our only out. It's like going back to the 1980s and protectionism. The shittiest thing is the $56 or so charge they whack on on top of the GST to pay more inspectors... Retailers are also getting screwed by their ridiculous rents, some of the highest in the world. The thing is, all anyone other than the shop owner and middlemen make in minimum wage as we don't make anything here anymore. I would feel different if these were damaging NZ manufacturing. They want it all, highest margins on stuff made in China. We forget all the jobs these companies took away when they moved overseas.

I will just have to get stuff like scopes sent to oz and pick it up. Or bring in larger quantities to offset the inspection charge.

Screwwww them all
    nevada likes this.