Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: I think we are about to get F******

15% income tax 15% student loan 4% kiwisaver chuck in the cost of repaying polytech the 6k the student loan didnt cover, the power bill, rent, food and gst on anything i buy or use you can see why ive got bugger all in savings and had to borrow the boss car to go get shopping because i cant afford to fix the blown motor or replace the ute. i honestly struggle to see how i could eventually buy my own house let alone even buy into a farm the same goes for most off my mates unless there family already owns a farm. staying alive costs to much.
    dairy farming, hiluxs and now an ak.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Woah i think this has gone way off subject. we are talking about stuff under $400 (including postage
    You might be, but they're not. The news item I read said that Customs did a sampling exercise, and that undervaluing was rife., huge in fact.
    So it would follow that there's a huge "missing out" on the possible tax grab.
    If it's taxed (if applicable)at point of purchase, no more undervaluing, the tax take skyrockets.

Hey I've used Shipito out of the U.S.. Prior to shipping you fill out your own online Customs Declaration......figure the rest out for yourself

B

Well guys, look at a brand like Outdoor Adventure Gear Online in New Zealand | Torpedo7 and their success. AND they are taking over the RandR sports shops and have now their products in the street and not only online.
    As said above, we are not in the 60's anymore, you have to be smart and constantly evolving to stay in business.

For those who think they pay to much, have a look in France where you pay a 20% gst! a lot more in business and employment taxes . And at least 25% in inheritances taxes for parents to children but up to 60% if you inherited from somebody outside your direct family : and those dead people would have paid taxes and rates all their life on their property already!
    Fuel is more expensive than here as well!
    Oh and there is a capital gain tax on properties over there as well!!
    And even a super tax for the super rich! That is why they leave france and invest elsewhere.

No, I can tell you, life is not that bad here :-)
    Kscott, Maca49 and 300CALMAN like this.

Nope Hitachi is a tool company, not a marketing one, best back up guaranteed
    GravelBen likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    It's not about the politics and I don't think its about the retailer, I'll try and explain my thoughts.

Me and the cook are both PAYE workers....we effectively pay in PAYE enough to pay a Senior teachers wage in a Primary school.....and more.....then there's the GST, and the tax on a tax for petrol, diesel..... Nothing to offset tax against, and yes, we've had rentals.
    I understand about roads, health etc and the cost. I always give a retailers a chance to sharpen their pencil and a tradesman the opportunity of a cash job....remember it's my hard earned cash I'm spending.
    I'll listen to the wailing from those who preach to me from the high ground about buying offshore, cash jobs etc, if they can swear they've never offered or done a cashy, or bought something off eBay, Deal Extreme etc.
    This is the 21st century folks, and I'm fucked if Im going to take it from behind when I can save my self perhaps hundreds of dollars on the Internet or by getting a cash job done.
    The Internet, with ebay at our fingertips has shown us what's out there,and how much we can save, and then there's the offshore retailers that'll ship internationally, and even agencies that'll buy something for you and have it shipped.
    It's not the 60's anymore.
    I can see what a certain brands complete range is, not just what the agency holder thinks i need, and if he or the retailer is too tired to get it for me it'll be on my doorstep in 10 days.
    If retailers are finding it hard, they're being undercut by one of their own, The Warehouse.
    How many family businesses shut down when they moved into town?

I think some of the blame for costs here in NZ lie with the importers and distributors., but the retailer takes the heat with High St. or Mall rents.
    In the meantime I'll shop wherever I can and try and get the best deal for me and mine.

Good example, a Samsonite travel suitcase, with 4 castors on one end, called 'spinners'..... $759 retail here.
    $NZ245 landed here ex eBay, free international shipping, takes 3 weeks, genuine item.....
    I work too hard for my money to cop that shit.

Rant over, peace, out.
    B
    Your living the New Zealand dream by the sound of it, lie back and enjoy, you could be in Russia, Iraq, Brasil, Argentina.............. I know where I like it tax or not
    PERRISCICABA likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Well guys, look at a brand like Outdoor Adventure Gear Online in New Zealand | Torpedo7 and their success. AND they are taking over the RandR sports shops and have now their products in the street and not only online.
    As said above, we are not in the 60's anymore, you have to be smart and constantly evolving to stay in business.

For those who think they pay to much, have a look in France where you pay a 20% gst! a lot more in business and employment taxes . And at least 25% in inheritances taxes for parents to children but up to 60% if you inherited from somebody outside your direct family : and those dead people would have paid taxes and rates all their life on their property already!
    Fuel is more expensive than here as well!
    Oh and there is a capital gain tax on properties over there as well!!
    And even a super tax for the super rich! That is why they leave france and invest elsewhere.

No, I can tell you, life is not that bad here :-)
    Friwi may NZ inherit many more great people like you that contribute to and appreciate this country!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Jeez, some people really don't know how good they have it!
    ebf and Ryan like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

What the GovT & IRD fail to realise is , they will not make big Tax takes at all , IT will not work any where close to what they are thinking or not thinking .
    The reason people buy from oversea's is 2 fold .

1 ) Its available now .
    2 ) Its cheaper .
    And when you boil those down , its mainly the cheaper part .

WHY , because we cannot afford it other wise , SO if it no IF its no longer cheaper & we cannot afford IT , then we will not be BUYING it at all , this means NO big Tax take , again no logic applied at all .

Its this simple , the ONLY 2 options are , 1 ) buy if cheap , as thats all we can afford , or 2 ) donot buy as its too dear/expensive .

I love NZ , BUT , its real hard to keep loving her , when LOGIC is no longer applied ,

We have a low population density , ie we have heaps of land , THEN why do we have the most expensive land in the world ?

We have low realitive wages when compared to other developed countries ?

We have some of the highest prices for houses in the world ?

We have some of the highest rents in the world ?

High taxs , & little infrastructure return for our taxes , ie most services are puesdo , ie pretend , we have tax paid public hospitals , BUT donot expect to be able to use them really , IF you want anything more than a disprin & bandaid , YOU need health insurance ????

So just for health , WE pay double , its just one example , services that are meant to be provided free , are NOT , thats just one , you could look at a lot of services that have been split off , and charging seperately , when they did not before .

SO in short we get LOW wages & we pay the highest prices for everything , houses ,land , car , petrol , NICE .
    If we had high wages & high housing , its sort of balanced , or low wages & low housing . does any of this seem how it should be ?

We are told , BY the RBNZ not to buy houses we cannot afford , and they stop banks lending to people that donot have enough of a deposit , then on TV tonight , 100% house loans , no deposit needed at all , brillant .

My Grandfather always told me there were two certainties in life, death and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Your living the New Zealand dream by the sound of it, lie back and enjoy, you could be in Russia, Iraq, Brasil, Argentina.............. I know where I like it tax or not
    I am enjoying it, it's not a dream, it's my reality. I could be anywhere I want, including the basket cases you mention, but I'm not, I'm here.
    It's not about tax, it's about being gouged as a consumer, that's not ok, just cause I'm here in NZ.

B
    veitnamcam and Sasquatch like this.

Those top guys at the top of the gvt they not only provide a service but also a self service! At least that is the case in France! :-)

If properties were not that expensive here and mortgage so high then we could spend a bigger chunk of our wages on food ,education and well being and our toys of course.

But property investment (with no capital gain tax ) being a national sport since the 90's , that wealth is stuck in the hands of the ones who can afford to play the game to the detriment of the rest and newer generations as well.
    300CALMAN and Jexla like this.

We have to add G.S.T. on everything, even if the sale is only a few cents, and if we are late paying G.S.T. to the I.R.D. they F.A.K. us up the B.U.M. with a fine.
    PERRISCICABA and 300CALMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tirantious View Post
    15% income tax 15% student loan 4% kiwisaver chuck in the cost of repaying polytech the 6k the student loan didnt cover, the power bill, rent, food and gst on anything i buy or use you can see why ive got bugger all in savings and had to borrow the boss car to go get shopping because i cant afford to fix the blown motor or replace the ute. i honestly struggle to see how i could eventually buy my own house let alone even buy into a farm the same goes for most off my mates unless there family already owns a farm. staying alive costs to much.
    Work hard, look for opportunities,Remember in the end the only one that counts is you, look after yourself and your loved ones,It happens over time, set small goals, dream big, and move forward. When I got married 43 years ago, I had a car worth $1800, no bank account or savings, I was 23 yrs old, I had a trade, but no money skills, I learnt! I had no hand outs or family that could/would help me. I worked hard and did whatever I could with my skills to make money. It ain't easy but that's the way life is. My wages were rung out to the last cent!!! every week.
    I look back now with great satisfaction, pity is life is finite and thats a bit of a bastard when you reach retirement age and still want to run round like a 23 yr old!
    mikee, hanse and Sasquatch like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    My Grandfather always told me there were two certainties in life, death and taxes.
    and a bit of rooting in between!!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Jeez, some people really don't know how good they have it!
    You right there Spud, there's oysters everywhere in NZ. You just got to learn how to harvest!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough